• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kurzweil K200 Acoustic Grand

Arrow New Song - with Kurzweil K2000 and GPO

I've used GigaPiano, and the pianos that come with Kontakt 2. And they are impressive.

I just like the sound of the Kurzweil K2000 acoustic grand.

There's just something about the way the K2000 piano cuts through the mix for the type songs I do that really works, at least for me!

Here's my latest recording, for anyone who's interested. Many of you know my style by now. This one starts with a "sound effect", to set the mood...

For those of you born in the 1950s and earlier, I think you'll be able to relate to the lyrics.

Done with Sonar 5.

I am playing:
    • K2000 piano, with GPO cello section and woodwinds.
    • Roland VSC (!) Fingered Bass
    • K2000 Mixed Choir and Toto Brass horns (reprogrammed to lengthen the attack) in Verses 2 and 3.
    • K2000 Orchestral Pad backing the strings at times.
    • Kontakt-2 Stratocaster Electric through a Sonitus Delay in the last minute of the song
    Say, don't let the "false" ending fool you at 4:00 or so...there's more, and the pace picks way up right there. I like the happy ending!

--- Glenn in Minneapolis

Re: Kurzweil K200 Acoustic Grand

Very nice, sort of comforting, music. It reminded me a lot of Jackson Browne.

For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Kurzweil K200 Acoustic Grand

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    Very nice, sort of comforting, music. It reminded me a lot of Jackson Browne.

Thanks. "Comforting" was the goal. I didn't want the song to be a downer, hence the upbeat ending.

Yes, Jackson Brown used piano a lot in his folk rock, didn't he. I like a lot of his stuff. I would have liked to see him do more variety, however. He stayed too close to one "formula", in my humble opinion.

--- Glenn

Go Back to forum