I've used GigaPiano, and the pianos that come with Kontakt 2. And they are impressive.
I just like the sound of the Kurzweil K2000 acoustic grand.
There's just something about the way the K2000 piano cuts through the mix for the type songs I do that really works, at least for me!
Here's my latest recording, for anyone who's interested. Many of you know my style by now. This one starts with a "sound effect", to set the mood...
For those of you born in the 1950s and earlier, I think you'll be able to relate to the lyrics.
Done with Sonar 5.
I am playing:
Say, don't let the "false" ending fool you at 4:00 or so...there's more, and the pace picks way up right there. I like the happy ending!
- K2000 piano, with GPO cello section and woodwinds.
- Roland VSC (!) Fingered Bass
- K2000 Mixed Choir and Toto Brass horns (reprogrammed to lengthen the attack) in Verses 2 and 3.
- K2000 Orchestral Pad backing the strings at times.
- Kontakt-2 Stratocaster Electric through a Sonitus Delay in the last minute of the song
--- Glenn in Minneapolis