• Register
  • Help

Topic: 9/TENTHS world premiere at the Sedona Int'l Film Festival

Share/Bookmark

Smile 9/TENTHS world premiere at the Sedona Int'l Film Festival

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hey guys...a shameless announcement for the premiere of one of my films. Anyone who is in AZ or in the vacinity of AZ...the Sedona Film Festival every year is a great one to go to. I will be attending the festival, along with the film's director and cast. This year, the Sedona IFF has a 2 day workshop with the who's who of Walt Disney Animation and Pixar Animation attending and conducting various seminars. The below text is basically a copy paste from my website's blog announcement, but I wanted to bring it to the attention of my forum friends here and invite you all to check it out. My score for this film features 3 soloists, with orchestra...a solo female soprano, solo viola and solo flamenco guitar. There are a handful of score excerpts on my website www.brianralston.com.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

The "gripping" independant feature 9/TENTHS will world premiere at the Sedona International Film Festival in Sedona, AZ, Feb. 23-26, 2006.

From the Sedona Film Festival Website: "Lovers of independent films will celebrate the best in cinematic art, amid unparalleled scenic beauty, Feb. 23-26 in Sedona, Arizona. The occasion is the 12th annual Sedona International Film Festival & Workshop, named the “Fest to Impress” by MovieMaker Magazine and a top 100 destination for the American Bus Association. This year’s extravaganza promises to be bigger and better than ever...
    Already recognized by filmmakers and audiences as one of the top festivals in the nation, the 2006 edition will continue a tradition of honoring those whose love for making timely, moving films drives them. The festival honors filmmakers motivated by passion for their art, not box office revenues."

9/TENTHS will screen twice at the festival in Sedona's largest 275 seat theatre. The prime screening times are as follows:

1. Friday Feb 24th, 9:45PM - Harkins Sedona 6 Theatres - Theatre 2
    2. Saturday Feb 25th, 8:30PM - Harkins Sedona 6 Theatres - Theatre 2

9/TENTHS Film synposis...
    "Sometime in the not too distant future. Terrorist attacks continue to escalate. Cities are the primary targets.

William and his wife Jessica, flee the city seeking safety. Upon reaching their newly purchased ranch, in the middle of nowhere, they discover, Elias a Mexican ranch hand already living there. Just as the property dispute escalates to a dangerous level, a massive terrorist attack causes widespread, catastrophic destruction - the world, as they know it, no longer exists.

The film takes a brutal, unflinching look at mankind stripped bare of the thin veneer of social convention. It is a daring, bold, often painful journey into the darkness of our primal, carnal selves. "

9/Tenths is directed by Bob Degus (Pleasantville) and stars Gabrielle Anwar (Scent Of A Woman, The Three Muskateers), Henry Ian Cusick ("Lost", "24", Half Light) and Dave Ortiz (The Crow-Wicked Prayer).

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: 9/TENTHS world premiere at the Sedona Int'l Film Festival

Brian,

Awesome! Best wishes for continued success!

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Thanks Ern and Wes. I am looking forward to Sedona. I lived in AZ for 9 Years for undergraduate college and a bit after that...so I have been to Sedona many times and love it there. But being there on an "official" capacity for the film festival is kind of exciting.

Ern: For the Soprano and viola...everything was written out 100%. For the flamenco guitar, it is a mix of both. (It is not a mandolin, its a flamenco guitar. A rather good one that was made by a flamenco master in Spain. The guitar is owned by the performer Chris Burton Jacome, an AZ native who studied in Spain for many years.) True Flamenco is such an improvisational art (with dance), that to take all of that away from the performer would make it...less flamenco and more just accoustic guitar. But I wrote out as much as I could. In the "Forlorn" cue on my site...everything was written out. All of the melodies and themes were written out. There are flamenco embellishments within the melodic lines throughout the score that were Chris Burton Jacome. There are a couple solo flamenco cues in the film (not shown on my site) that have the flamenco reacting to the dialogue of the actors...similar to how a flamenco player reacts to the dancers in true flamenco. Those cues are a lot more of his improve within the chord charts and structure I gave him. Sometimes I would play what I was hearing on my keyboard using Real Guitar, and we would work back and forth with the embelishments until we both liked what was there.

Chris is an amazing flamenco player and I have been wanting to work with him for a while...I was fortunate this project came along where it made that possible. He has a lot of CDs out and performs all over the southwest. His website is www.chrisburtonjacome.com.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Doh! Why did I say mandolin!? Of course that is a flamenco guitar. One of those unaccountable brain cramps!
    Ern

Or maybe perhaps as my mother calls them..."senior moments".

Just kidding Ern...just kidding...
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Thumbs up Re: 9/TENTHS world premiere at the Sedona Int'l Film Festival

Congrats Bri!

The film looks very interesting. I hope I can get a chance to see it down here in Mayberry, Texas
    Continued success my brother!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Congrats Bri!

The film looks very interesting. I hope I can get a chance to see it down here in Mayberry, Texas
    Continued success my brother!
    Thanks Brian. You may get to see it this spring. I will post more info as I get it and once release details are more concrete.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Go Back to forum