• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hyper-Threading

I heard from a Tascam support person the other day that version 3.12 of Giga supports hyperthreading. Does anyone know if turning hyperthreading on makes any difference in terms of speed, memory capacity, etc? If not, I'll leave it off.

Winsted, CT

Re: Hyper-Threading

Not for GS itself. Do you have XP Pro? If so, it might help the OS in a very small way.

HT will benefit you if you're running lots of VST plugs in Gigastudio.

- G

Hi , I make same tests , if you runnings Gs3 alone without Gigapulses , it's better to disable hyper

Back when GS3 first came out, we were told to disable Hyperthreading ...It's been an issue all along whereby some say it's OK to enable , and others say NO.....I have left it disabled since the beginning and haven't gone back to it

I have tried HT a couple of times and all I get is hung notes; it is now disabled until TASCAM comes up with an answer.
    DAW ONE: CPU: 3.4GHz; RAM: 2 GIGS DDR400; Mobo P4 GIGABYTE ;80GIG IDE HD;2 X WD SATA HD Raptors 10KRPM 74GIG in RAID 0;
    M Audio Firewire 410; Midisport 8X8

Hauptwerk V3
    DAW TWO: CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core; RAM 4 gigs DDR2533: MOBO Asrock ConRoeFirex - eSATA2; 2 x SATA 80 GIG, HDs; M Audio Delta 1010 and a Delta 1010LT, soundcards; MOTU Express 128 i/f

Go Back to forum