• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sample Format/Sampler Advice Needed

Share/Bookmark

Sample Format/Sampler Advice Needed

Looking for advice...

I'm about to take the plunge into some additional (and expensive) sample libraries. I'm a (kinda) fan of Logic's EXS-24 and I wouldn't mind buying libraries that were made for it or at least importable into it (eh, "importable" -- is that a word?!? ). In the case of the EXS-24, it will import Akai and Giga. (It does Akai nicely, but I have no experience with Giga translations).

Then there's also Kontakt as an alternative, which seems very cool.

And on top of those two choices there are the various translator programs -- Chicken System and CDXTRACT which, theoretically, would allow me to buy any library and translate it to any sampler.

So I'm interested in learning about people's experiences with EXS-24 vs. Kontakt, as well as experiences with one or the other translator program.

Cheers!

=orkguy=

Re: Sample Format/Sampler Advice Needed

Hi Orkguy,

So many good sample libs come with their own player, which automatically hook into your sequencer - so less worry these days about a sampler. Have you chosen a sequencer yet? Once that is done, maybe give some examples of the types of samples you need and get some direction that way.

Joanne

Re: Sample Format/Sampler Advice Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Babunovic
    Hi Orkguy,

So many good sample libs come with their own player, which automatically hook into your sequencer - so less worry these days about a sampler. Have you chosen a sequencer yet? Once that is done, maybe give some examples of the types of samples you need and get some direction that way.

Joanne
    Joanne he already said that he is a Logic user.

The EXS24 is by far the most cpu efficient softsampler and is well integrated into Logic. It has been missing a lot of the programming ease and functionality of Kontakt 2 but fortunately Andrea Gozzi of Redmatica (www.redmatica.com) has addressed this BIG TIME with his upcoming Keymap app. So if you are a Logic user that is indeed a viable way to go.

It does a good job converting Giga 1 or 2 although depending on how the programming is done some porgramming gets lost in translation.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum