• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opus Bundle packaging.

Share/Bookmark

Opus Bundle packaging.

Ok, you might think I'm a whiner, but I just had to share my thoughts on this

I purchased Gigastudio Orchestra just the other week, and it arrived in a big fancy wooden(!!!) box, packed with IRL manuals 'n all. Happy me.
    Then today my copy of (the twice as expensive) VSL Opus Bundle arrived. And all I got in terms of packaging etc. was eeh...two small and lame ordinary cardboard cd cases! A sorry a¨ss sized manual, no fancy nothing.
    That's too sad with a product that expensive..
    Anyway..guess the samples are great, so I'm not unhappy..just a bit "first glance"-disappointed

Now I'm off to install the goodies.
    Cheers!

/Daniel Beckman

Re: Opus Bundle packaging.

Well, Eldhrimnir, I'll be happy to take those plain looking CDs off your hands if you're unsatisfied, just let me know and I'll give you my address....

buzz

No problem mate. And in return, you can send me a bunch of wooden boxes and overly sized random manuals to make me satisfied

/Daniel

Agree: The giga box is cool.
    The Opus (I only have Opus 1, and assume it's the same, from what I see on VSL.co.at) packaging is modest.

Disagree: The opus packaging is disappointing. I think it is a classy understatement. Considering that the articulation explanations within are very thorough, and that you can reach anyone from VSL anytime you want for a prompt reply, it does me well to have something I can fit in a cd rack (or in my giga box, for maximum dollars-spent-on-software-per-cubic-foot ).

The giga box is nice, but at that size, it should come with a magic 8-ball that answers all your questions by projecting a hologram of dave govett that uses a lazer-pointer to show things on-screen, and explains things out-loud.

Not to say anything negative about giga's manual either-it's much needed.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Agree: The giga box is cool.
    The Opus (I only have Opus 1, and assume it's the same, from what I see on VSL.co.at) packaging is modest.

Disagree: The opus packaging is disappointing. I think it is a classy understatement. Considering that the articulation explanations within are very thorough, and that you can reach anyone from VSL anytime you want for a prompt reply, it does me well to have something I can fit in a cd rack (or in my giga box, for maximum dollars-spent-on-software-per-cubic-foot ).

The giga box is nice, but at that size, it should come with a magic 8-ball that answers all your questions by projecting a hologram of dave govett that uses a lazer-pointer to show things on-screen, and explains things out-loud.

Not to say anything negative about giga's manual either-it's much needed.

Belbin
    Haha..I guess you're right...I just like the feeling of big expensive-looking boxes although being completely unnessecary I want it to be like opening christmas gifts

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

The giga box is nice, but at that size, it should come with a magic 8-ball...
    You didn't get your bag of dope? Look under the cardboard....

disclaimer: just keeeding....

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson

x-nay on the ope-day, this forum is being monitored. . . .

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson

Speaking of Christmas! Awesome. It's a snow day here in NL. That little gift couldn't be better timed.

Belbin

p.s. Elhrimnir, I hear ya. The fancier the better. There's way worse out there in lib/product packaging than the horizon stuff, tho. Having just gotten giga, however, I'd say your frame of reference is a little off.

I agree with your disagree. I dont have experience with the giga boxes, but with the EW stuff, I personally dislike having my sample libs come in a large, half-empty box, and because I dont want that big honker around my work area, have to figure out where to hide the odd size manuals somewhere close by, and then forget where the heck they are!

the VSL stuff just sits nicely in its packaging near my workspace, waiting to be called on to explain an articulation or two. Much better use of packing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    I agree with your disagree.
    I disagree with your disagreement to agree. I love the big boxes, they look impressive all lined up on my bookshelves. Plus they help with their general sound-diffusing capability. Although the EWQLSO Gold glossy surface probably reflects hi's a little to much; that's why I prefer the wooden GS3 box, it's more of an upper-low-hi's trap.

buzz

(I like making posts like this so I can pad my post count, so people will take me more seriously. Although making posts like this probably makes people take me less seriously... what a conundrum....)

Go Back to forum