• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My New Harp!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

My New Harp!!!!!!

Here is a picture of my new MIDI harp being built:

The body design work in nearly complete. The next step will be stringing it. After that it is outfitted with electronics. Each string will have a pick-up which will route to a harp-to-MIDI convertor. The base will be fitted with pedals to do the harp pedal positions. There will also be z-bar type controllers along the sides. And mod wheel manfold thrusters (may not that last one )

I can't wait for this to be done. I'll keep you posted about the progress.

I am looking forward to playing the stradivari violin library on this, and Diva, and Virtual Drumline, SAM horns, and GPO tuba, JABB saxes, Reason, Arturia Moog....

Gary Garritan

Re: My New Harp!!!!!!

Well, now, I am waiting to see that finished!

Richard

Thumbs up Re: My New Harp!!!!!!

Yeah baby, Groovy! From the same people you and I talked to during the summer NAMM?
    That looks like it will go boldly where no harp has gone before! Wow, can't wait to see and hear the end results.
    Styxx

Holy cow!! That's so awesome!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

WOW! That's so cool!!!! Not only is it a cool MIDI instrument, it's a piece of art too!! 2 for the price of 1!! I'm excited to see it completed!!

I know of not one person that can keep up with Gary, and yet he always seems so calm

beautiful Gary!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I know of not one person that can keep up with Gary, and yet he always seems so calm

beautiful Gary!
    Dan
    I think that's only on the outside. I'll bet on the inside, there's a tumult… There's kind of samplemania goin' on in that marvelous brain.

Karl

I’m starting to think Gary is really Dr. Edward Morbius and this is one part of the Krell’s inventions of scale and power! Next, we may see Robbie the Robot doing chores around the Garritan household dusting off (Dr. Morbius's) so called harp.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    WOW! That's so cool!!!! Not only is a cool MIDI instrument, it's a piece of art too!!
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw the picture. It looks like it could be displayed in an art museum. The design is pretty cool--sort of Jetson-ish.

Rich
    Richard Galbraith

That's one sharp harp! Practical MIDI controller, modern art or something off of the starship Enterprise? Whichever, I like the way it looks.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum