• Register
  • Help

Topic: New computer and can't get RMX to work.

Share/Bookmark

New computer and can't get RMX to work.

New G5 dual 2.7 - not the newest style, the last of the dual-processor boxes. 4.5G RAM, 10.4.4, DP 4.6.1

RMX appears to be present in Library->Audio->Plug-ins->Components, but can't see the data. And neither can I. I told RMX to install on the second drive, and what I have are SAGE->Stylus RMX->Core Library with a lot of .db files, some large, but no Stylus.dat. What do I Alias?

When I launch DP and insert a new RMX Instrument, I only get the indicator, no application - likw it was always minimized. I hope finding the data resolves this.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: New computer and can't get RMX to work.

The Spectrasonics/Sage folder or an alias of it needs to sit in your application support folder in the library folder in your home directory.
    If you have enough space on your internal system drive i would recommend that you put the folder there.

Hans

It's more than than - none of my plug-ins appear, NI shells, Spectra and the original B4 all do the same thing. It's not a SS issue - yet.
    Dasher
    -------

That's correct. RMX has no Stylus.dat file. Watch the watchme.mov movie on disc 1 for installation instructions.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    RMX appears to be present in Library->Audio->Plug-ins->Components, but can't see the data. And neither can I. I told RMX to install on the second drive, and what I have are SAGE->Stylus RMX->Core Library with a lot of .db files, some large, but no Stylus.dat. What do I Alias?

Thanks, Glenn. It's not RMX. It's a DP issue...
    Dasher
    -------

BTW, Glenn, that install video is not very useful. In the extended install, he just performs an Easy Install manually, checking all the boxes and putting them in the same place. What was NOT covered is the process of installing when the libs are in a different location than the app. What exactly is aliased, the Sage folder, the RMX folder, etc. I have aliased the SAGE folder, and placed the alias in the folder with the RMX component, but I don't know if this is going to work (can't tell till the VIs load when I instantiate one.)
    Dasher
    -------

The Spectrasonics folder that contains the Sagefolder needs to be in the library/application support folder in your home directory and NOT in the components folder.

Hans

Aha - Thanks, hans. i didn't see that in the install video either...

BTW, its working now, the issue was with DP - the new install defaults new instrument tracks to Built-In Audio, which does not allow VIs to display.
    Dasher
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    BTW, Glenn, that install video is not very useful. In the extended install, he just performs an Easy Install manually, checking all the boxes and putting them in the same place. What was NOT covered is the process of installing when the libs are in a different location than the app.
    Yes it does....keep watching! :-)

Both types of installs are covered in the same video.

Go Back to forum