• Register
  • Help

Topic: Crystal's Grace

Share/Bookmark

Crystal's Grace

Skysaw's post in the main Garritan section just made me realize that I wanted to post this song. A dedication to my girlfriend Crystal. I wrote it in a haste half a year ago wanting to do something for her that made her realize how much she meant to me. Therefore, the rendering might be a little rough, but I think you can hear all the intention. Everyone should be so lucky as to understand how great a love can be. Thank you Crystal.

Eric

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=327701&T=9053
    Last edited by EricWatkins; 02-03-2006 at 08:14 AM. Reason: forgot link

Re: Crystal's Grace

WOW! That is beautiful, Eric! It was obviously written "from the heart".

The chick voice is a nice touch and your feel for the piano is just great!

Thanks for posting your music. I enjoyed it very much.

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I liked Crystal's Grace, but I REALLY love Bitter sweet Battle. Right up my alley! I hope I can one day use GPO so effectively.

MsP

Just plain gorgeous!

Wonderful work on this, Eric -- deeply moving writing, and a great job at rendering it... all with a simplicity and clarity -- and, yes, grace -- that reaches straight into the heart.

Crystal should be honored.

My best,

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks you guys on all the great compliments. I didnt really take the time to fully tweak all the attacks and a few other things like I'd like to but thanks all the same. THe piano is GPO as is the percussion. The strings werent and I have to say that I wish I would have used them now as I think they would have fit better. A note to Matt, sorry but "Bitter sweet Battle" wasnt GPO. It was written for a library specific contest so I couldnt use GPO on it. However, if you go back to the list of songs, checkout "Snow Travel", "Johnny's Theme", Finding My Way", "Conclusion", "A Short Tale", and "A Boy Takes Flight". THose are all mostly or all GPO. "BSB" could have been done with GPO as well but I couldnt for the contest. Thanks again for all the kind words.

Eric

A lovely sound Eric. There is nothing that I would say to change. What voice library did you use? She sounds very good. This one is going onto my hard drive.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Thanks 88, The voice is actually the "Solo Boy" patch from "Symphony of Voices" (Spectrasonics). As you've now been the second person to think the choir boy voice was a woman, I'm just dyin to make this joke involving a catholic priest but I wont . Thanks so much for the compliment.

Eric

Go Back to forum