• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cascadas (waterfalls)

Share/Bookmark

Talking Cascadas (waterfalls) now with Strad...

Hello, this is my first post of a GPO recording.
    This piece is called "CASCADAS", waterfalls in english, is a work for the University here in Argentina, in the class of Composition II, which is strongly oriented to contemporary music, in fact...i don´t how to say this...but, the "Director of the class" or the "most important man" in all the Composition classes is Mariano Etkin, maybe you know him, maybe you don´t.
    Well the work was to make a piece for more than 5 instruments and to be longer than 5 minutes.
    I choose: (individual instruments, not ensambles)
    Flute
    Clarinet in Bb
    Bassoon
    French Horn
    Triangle
    Two Cymbals (suspended and a pair of cymbals)
    Snare drum
    Gran Cassa
    Violin I & II
    Viola
    Violoncello
    Doublebass

Well, i use garritan in all the instruments and Stradivari in the first Violin. Thnx buddy...Now is sounding better, and the mix, i think is different. I hope you like this new version.

PD:I got a 10 in this work!!!! thanks garritan!
    PD1:Later i will post a weberian micropiece, where i got a 9.

CASCADAS with Strad
    Last edited by julianrojo; 02-09-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: New Sound...stradivari!!!

Re: Cascadas (waterfalls)

A fascinating event-driven composition, Julian -- very well done and a pleasure to listen to.

(I believe I remember Etkin from lectures at McGill in Montreal back in the 1970's?)

Excellent work! A ten, most certainly.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Yes! I can see why your instructor gave you a ten! Nice job! Great use of orchestration and use of dynamic breadth. Also, nicely sequenced!

Ted

Julianrojo,

Well that was certainly far from a Brahams symphony. But this brings up my point that the writing is very creative. Sometimes when we write pieces like this it is easy to steer away from what a real orchestra can do and what it would sound like. You have mastered both of these aspects! Very realistic sounding.

Congratulations.

Hats off gentlemen a "Genius".
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

A very interesting piece Julian. I particularly liked the long melodic strands in your central section, skillfully done. This a very shimmering soundworld, and one I enjoyed swimming in.
    Congrats on the 10.
    regards Joe

Thumbs up Re: Cascadas (waterfalls)

Very interesting music.

Thank you for sharing it.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Wow! thanx to all your replies, i´m very happy that you find interesting my works. Later i will post the micropiece. Only 1:14 of running time.
    And maybe in a couple of weeks a version of Cascadas with the stradivari violin. I hope my friend who lives in Buenos Aires can render the violin parts.
    Again, Thx a lot.

Julianrojo,

I really liked this piece. I often think music, in its simplest definition, if tension and release. you have done a wonderful job with that in this composition. The redering is very good as well. Congrats on the good grades!

Regards,

Tim

Extremely interesting! Wonderful writing and technique! I think the style is very similar to Varese's (which I'm a big fan of his works).

Excellent job.

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

listened to this the other day - fine, intelligent writing...you have quite a skill...looking forward to more

josh

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast