• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Flute And Harp #02"

Share/Bookmark

"Flute And Harp #02"

Y'all,

Here is my "Flute And Harp #02", featuring the GPO Flute Solo V and GPO Chromatic Harp 1. I originally posted it many months ago but I have since rewritten it and improved it with GPO instruments and the use of dynamics and velocity.

I promise to not post any more flute and/or harp works for at least the next forty years!

Ol' Lar'

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...eAndHarp02.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Flute And Harp #02"

Larry,

My download stutters terribly - I assume you didn't write so the players sound like they are so nervous as to not be able to play!
    I'll try again, later. But I have never had problems with files from your storage site in the past. Thought you'd like to know.

I'll be back...

Ron

I just tried it and it sounds problem-less on this end, Ron. Nice and crisp and clean.

I'm not saying that this is the problem, but if more than a few people try to access the file simultaneously, that could be the cause of the anomaly...maybe.

Try again.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

This downloaded/played fine, from here, Larry. Most of the time, downloading problems are out on the backbone of the internet, not problems with the file or server, per se.

~

A duly cheerful and bright way to open my morning, Larry... nice writing, as usual.

The mix [here we go, the blind leading the sighted, again... lol] -- maybe knock the flute back a bit from the harp? To me, either one's too far back, or one's too far forward, but I couldn't tell you which.

In general, I often find the smaller ensembles tougher in some regards to get right than the bigger ones, oddly enough.

My best,

David.

Appreciate your help and comments, Dave. Thanks.

Lar' (rhymes with hair)
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

I usually have no problems downloading your music, but this one, although it seemed to download fine, though slowly, it doesn't play. Perhaps you might create a new mp3. Maybe something happened wile your program of choice was doing the compression.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Larry,

I usually have no problems downloading your music, but this one, although it seemed to download fine, though slowly, it doesn't play. Perhaps you might create a new mp3. Maybe something happened wile your program of choice was doing the compression.

Karl
    That's strange. I don't know what else to do. I have uploaded it on two different occasions and have checked the file thoroughly. Can you stream it?

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I just re-converted the file to mp3 and uploaded it again to my streaming website.

The file is very data intensive because of the naturally sustaining notes of the harp. When you play many notes one after the other and each note overlaps the previous one, you generate a lot of data! This file is over 8 1/4 megabytes in size even though there are only two instruments. I also used a small amount of reverb which caused even more note overlapping and consequently more file data. You might keep that in mind when you write for harp.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Well Larry, that did the trick. Thanks. It plays fine now. Very nice interplay between the harp and flute. I'm enjoying this as I listen.

Thanks Larry,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I just re-converted the file to mp3 and uploaded it again to my streaming website.

The file is very data intensive because of the naturally sustaining notes of the harp. When you play many notes one after the other and each note overlaps the previous note, you generate a lot of data! This file is over 8 1/4 megabytes in length even though there are only two instruments. You might keep that in mind when you write for harp.

LGA
    That's an interesting point, Larry, and one I had not thought about.

Thank you for bringing that up!

Question:

When you redid that mp3 file... did you change the encoding at all?

Thanks,

David.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast