• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: New Legato/Vibrato Tool Demo Script

Share/Bookmark

New Legato/Vibrato Tool Demo Script

You can now download my LVT Demo Script (along with the complete documentation package) from Theo Krueger’s K2 Script Page http://www.theokrueger.com/kontakt2.htm

After you have a chance to use it for a while, I invite you to post your ideas and suggestions for improvement to this thread. But do me a favor. Please don’t post a lot of operational questions that could easily be answered by simply reading the User’s Guide. Rather, let’s use this thread to try to make the LVT Script into a better tool.

God Bless,

Bob
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Re: New Legato/Vibrato Tool Demo Script

Big Bob -- you nailed it with this script!!!!! It is absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for your willingness to share all of your hard work; I fully appreciate the effort and long hours it must have taken to create this. It's SO musical and natural sounding.
    Will be in touch -- thanks again.

Hi Bob,

Really great script. Thanks for your time and effort. I am going to test.
    One comment so far: I don't think it is cascading with the UltraTKT.

cheerio,
    Frank

ps. I really liked the 'more than you ever wanted to know' section....

Hey Frank,

One comment so far: I don't think it is cascading with the UltraTKT.
    The LVT Demo is not designed to be cascaded with any other script. Nor are most any other non-trivial scripts (including Ultra TKT or the PCE, etc).

I posted some info on this before on another thread that I can't remember the title of anymore. However, this subject of cascading scripts will become more and more important as we start using more and more scripts. Unfortunately, not all scripts can be made to play well together. But, there are certain techniques that we can develop that will insure some modicum of compatibility for cascading purposes. The problem right now is that NI has not really documented the kind of interactions that might be expected so we have to resort to experimentation. I have started to compile some of the interactions but my list is far from complete. Moreover, some of this may change with future NI updates (if we ever get any).

Until we can work out some standard protocols, I'm afraid the only way to get some of these scripts to play well together will be to combine them into one script.

As I have mentioned before, my goal is to develop a family of performance scripts so eventually I'll have to solve the problem of cascading or I'll have to simply combine the scripts into one.

But, for now, you'll just have to test the LVT without any other active scripts. After all, this is only a Demo anyway and its purpose is to solicit ideas for improvement. For testing purposes, you shouldn't activate another script at the same time because it will only muddy the waters.

Bob

Hi BigBob!

Absolutely fantastic!!! Thank you!!!

Suggestion for the ui: I would prefer to be able to define the speed (vib) as a note value (i.e. 1/16). Much easier from my point of view and in addition you don't have to recalculate on tempo changes /other tempo settings. But as I said: my point of view.

NB: How did you manage to eliminate the noise related to the change_vol command?

Best regards
    gh

Thumbs up Re: New Legato/Vibrato Tool Demo Script

Great script Big Bob. Thanks a lot!

Hi Gunter,

NB: How did you manage to eliminate the noise related to the change_vol command?
    Oh how I wish I could eliminate the change_vol() noise problem . The only reason I'm kind of getting away with it is because most of the time the Depth setting will be kind of low (See paragraph 4 of the Readme). However, Theo informed me that he was hearing a lot of noise in the Vibrato. And then before I could investigate, he discovered on his own that the noise was related to cranking up the Depth knob (I guess he likes more tremolo in his Vibrato than I do ). I better make paragraph 4 a little stronger than it is. I sure wish NI would get this problem fixed because the change_vol() function is central to so many things that we'd like to do.

Suggestion for the ui: I would prefer to be able to define the speed (vib) as a note value (i.e. 1/16). Much easier from my point of view and in addition you don't have to recalculate on tempo changes /other tempo settings. But as I said: my point of view.
    I'm sure this will be of interest to others as well. This is the kind of input we want to gather as we go along for when we start working on the most musician-friendly interface. But, right now I'd like to concentrate on things to improve the overall quality of the effects. I'm working right now on V006 to incorporate a lot of sound ideas presented by 'Up Late'.

And, to the rest of you guys, thanks for your encouraging comments.

God Bless,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by g.h.
    Hi BigBob!

I would prefer to be able to define the speed (vib) as a note value (i.e. 1/16). Much easier from my point of view and in addition you don't have to recalculate on tempo changes /other tempo settings. But as I said: my point of view.
    gh -- I think that since most players employing vibrato do so without regard to the tempo of the work (as with most singers, for example) I'd still prefer the script as is, without note values for the vibrato speed. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you so much Big Bob. You are always so kind and generous to share your knowledge and scripts. I downloaded it, but have not used it yet. But will soon.

Thanks again

Thank you for everything Robert. For the scripts, your contribution to the K2 community and for always beeing generous and willing to listen of new ideas.

The world needs more Big Bob
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast