Dear fellow forum members.
I'm about to install Gigastusio 3 (orchestral)on a separate PC on which I'm now runing Giga 2.54.
To be honest, it makes me very nervous because I'm always in the middle of several projects using GSP files to quickly load a project.
*Will I be able to load the GSP files using the method described in an other post describing that you have to open a GSP file in GS3 and then immediately save it to another folder and then open the project again from that folder. Or do I have to write down all of the settings and build new projects.
*Should I install all updates over version 3 or only the latest?
Is GS3 working with my Gina 24/96 audiocard?
Are there other pitfalls?
Your advice is much appreciated!
You don't mention your PC specs, so make sure they are up to Gigastudio 3 requirements. Here's what I would do, FWIW:
1. Image your currently functional drive so you can get back to where you are
2. Backup your data
3. Wipe it and do a clean install of Windows, applying optimizations from musicxp.net
4. Install latest drivers
5. Install Gigastudio 3
6. Install Gigastudio 3.12 patch
7. Register Gigastudio and back up the registration
8. Verify that Gigastudio runs fine
9. Image the drive
10. Open your old .gsp files and Save As to another location. Do not overwrite them