A version update for Voxengo Impulse Modeler reverb impulse design application is now available for download.
Version 1.9 features several improvements over the previous version release.
Among these: Command line rendering capability has been implemented; Object selection hot-spot has been reduced to allow for more precise selection of objects; Global ray count option has been added. Now you can force any emitter to use this global setting instead of its own setting.
Impulse Modeler is a standalone Windows application that allows you to design reverberant rooms in a straight-forward manner. Resulting WAV reverb impulses usually sound realistic and can even compete with real recorded reverberant spaces.
Impulse Modeler features:
* Easy-to-use vector graphics editor
* Grid support for even easier editing
* 8 frequency bands for precise material definition
* 8, 16, 24 and 32-bit output
* Multi-channel output
* 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000 Hz output sampling rates
* Many example designs and materials
* Overall room size is controlled with a single slider
Is it currently feasible to have a realtime version of this? Seems like it might come in handy to be able to morph from one room to another. At the very least, being able to hear the spaces "live" would be useful.