• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo String Tremelo with Sibelius4.1 and GPO

Share/Bookmark

Solo String Tremolo with Sibelius4.1 and GPO

Hi I'm very new to both GPO and Sibelius and have a question. I recently scored a piece of mine for english horn and strings which at one part uses a lot of single note string tremolo. When I play it back I get a nice unmeasured tremolo string sound. Because the piece is so intimate I figured that a full complement of strings might be to much and changed my instrumentation to just solo string quintet. All sounds great until the tremolos when instead of a nice unmeasured tremolo I get a measured machine-gun like tremolo. Do the solo string ks instruments have a tremolo sample? I know there is a separate sample for VL1, Vl2 etc tremolo but don't see one for the solos? . If there is no tremolo sample for the solo strings is it possible in Sibelius 4.1 to write a midi command into the score to have the separate tremolo samples for VL1 etc play and then return to the solo arrangement. Can you and if you can how do you add a midi command to a score in Sibelius to make the switches ? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Gary
    Last edited by Maestro99; 02-08-2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Solo String Tremelo with Sibelius4.1 and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro99
    Hi I'm very new to both GPO and Sibelius and have a question. I recently scored a piece of mine for english horn and strings which at one part uses a lot of single note string tremelo. When I play it back I get a nice unmeasured tremelo string sound. Because the piece is so intimate I figured that a full complement of strings might be to much and changed my instrumentation to just solo string quintet. All sounds great until the tremelos when instead of a nice unmeasured tremelo I get a measured machine-gun like tremelo. Do the solo string ks instruments have a tremelo sample? I know there is a separate sample for VL1, Vl2 etc tremelo but don't see one for the solos? . If there is no tremelo sample for the solo strings is it possible in Sibelius 4.1 to write a midi command into the score to have the separate tremelo samples for VL1 etc play and then return to the solo arrangement. Can you and if you can how do you add a midi command to a score in Sibelius to make the switches ? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Gary
    before going any further, "tremolo".

Go Back to forum