• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale Kontakt Player 1.1.8.4

Share/Bookmark

Finale Kontakt Player 1.1.8.4

The new Finale Kontakt Player 1.1.8.4 was posted on Feb-06-2006 @ Native Instrument's site. These are the comments:

This installer contains Kontakt Player Finale GPO Edition 1.1.8.4.

• There is no need to register this player.
    • Please note that this player can exclusively be used together with Finale as a plug-in host.
    • On Mac, the Finale GPO Player might appear in other host’s plug-in lists but can not be launched.
    Serge

Re: Finale Kontakt Player 1.1.8.4

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobklyn
    • There is no need to register this player.
    • Please note that this player can exclusively be used together with Finale as a plug-in host.
    • On Mac, the Finale GPO Player might appear in other host’s plug-in lists but can not be launched.
    Serge
    This seems to have been the case since the Finale 2006b release. I upgraded Finale in order to get the GPO library and be able to use it in both
    Finale and DP (as the FAQ on the Make Music site claims it can be used). After a couple of weeks of going back and forth with the tech support reps for Make Music and NI, I finally got an answer from an NI tech support rep (on the phone!) that indeed, Finale GPO is no longer useable in any other program.

I was disappointed to say the least. I asked the support reps for both companies why this was done. At first, they both pointed fingers at the other, but in the last communiqué from each company, they claimed that it was Garritan Libraries who insisted on the change.

I would be interested to hear if Gary or any of the other Garritan employees who moderate/monitor this list have a comment about that.

In the last few weeks of reading posts all over the Garritan forums, I have been very impressed with the commitment to users that all of the Garritan employees have shown, so it would surprise me if this change in usefulness had come from the Garritan shop.

All that being said, I am loving the sound of even the limited Finale GPO library, and do plan on getting the full GPO library as soon as finances allow.

Thanks for allowing the rant, and if anybody has more insight on this, I would be interested in hearing it.

Best,
    El

Go Back to forum