• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Prayer (Trio)

My Prayer (Trio)

Well, I've been gone a while from the forum (I'm ashamed to say I got hooked on a new MMORPG called Dungeon & Dragons Online ). Still, I've been writing and I came up with this piece. It modulates all over the place and would not beasy to perform (players with a very good sense of timing), but it has a lyrical quality I like.

I've called the piece "My Prayer" and its orchestrated for Flute, Horn, and Harp.
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator

Re: My Prayer (Trio)

very tranquil.... A good prayer indeed. perfect for quiet meditation.

There's allot of nice flowing harmonies here.
    The flute and horn really make a nice duo.

listened to it several times...

well done!

Quote Originally Posted by FossMan
    but it has a lyrical quality I like.
    I like it too! No... I love it! Just beautiful. The instruments compliment each other so wonderfully. As Jeff said, very tranquil. Great work; I'm definitely saving this one.

P.S. I don't play MMORPGs myself, but I have friends who do... be careful not to let yourself get too addicted...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Sean said:
    I like it too! No... I love
    Me Three... Nice piece of music. It was Orchestrated very well and the mix sounded good to me . I'm glad you're finally out of the dungeon
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

A beautiful prayer and a fine meditation, Foster.

I don't think this would be too difficult to perform, either. You need some good counters, sure; but the pace is not demanding, there's time to think.

Good mix on this, though my ear would say perhaps pull back a little bit on the horn in places.

Well done!

I often head over to the forum at the end of a long night of brain-scrambling programming; and an oasis of tranquility like this is gladly received... I thank you for it.

Thanks, guys. I wrote this piece entirely on the piano and paid absolutely no attention to what key it was in. As a result, it drifts between D-minor to F-minor to A-minor. I was worried that perhaps it was a bit too cluttered in parts; that perhaps it needs more space. But then, it really is suposed to be meditative with no set direction... and I figure what better way to keep you guessing than to make sure there is no set direction. Oh well.. it's still probably too busy.
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator

What a great mix of instruments!!!! This sounds just great all the way around. I love the melody and the free flowing form. Excelent to chill out to.

I would love to hear this played live!!!

It is going to my hard drive.
    (The Nut )

Hi, I really think this is a quality piece. It's only a trio yet it sounds so full and rich. The counterpoint is excellent. The mood it sets is very tranquil. Very good piece.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Go Back to forum