• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Update of Kontakt player for Finale

Share/Bookmark
    Power Profile User

Update of Kontakt player for Finale

There is a new update on the NI site for an update of the Kontakt player for Finale. It is version 1.1.9.003 has anyone installed it yet? I learned about this at the Finale forum.
    Last edited by Bob De Celle; 02-07-2006 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Power Profile User

Re: Update of Kontakt player for Finale

Someone, please. Is it really necessary to install this update. I already have Finale GPO with 1.1.8.003

Quote Originally Posted by Bob De Celle
    There is a new update on the NI site for an update of the Kontakt player for Finale. It is version 1.1.9.003 has anyone installed it yet? I learned about this at the Finale forum.
    This brings up a question or two for me. I have GPO Finale version (Mac version). Now I'm a composer, not a techie, so this may be simple to some, but, when I open GPO to play instruments for something like, say a wind quintet, it is not all obvious to me how I can save the instrumental setup in GPO (I don't want to have the "performance" done in Finale Human Playback) and export the tracks to a MIDI sequencer so I can edit the performance. I want to record the tracks myself on using a MIDI keyboard. Also, the only sequencer I have is the built in Garage Band. I know I need a better one, but I won't get one until someone explains how to get GPO tracks into it.

Also, what the hell is cc#1 etc? I know cc#64 is the pedal on the MIDI keyboard. I need control over the GPO keyboard's mod wheel. the only way I can do it is using my computer keyboard pad, which kills my hand, and is not reliable. What function actually controls the mod wheel for refined dynamic control. .

Thanks for any direction you can give. I feel like the GPO documentation is a level above what I need. John Newell.

Someone, please. Is it really necessary to install this update. I already have Finale GPO with 1.1.8.003
    According to Carla at Makemusic support, if you already have Finale GPO registered on your computer, then you do not need the update.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by John Newell
    I want to record the tracks myself on using a MIDI keyboard. Also, the only sequencer I have is the built in Garage Band. I know I need a better one, but I won't get one until someone explains how to get GPO tracks into it.

Also, what the hell is cc#1 etc? I know cc#64 is the pedal on the MIDI keyboard. I need control over the GPO keyboard's mod wheel. the only way I can do it is using my computer keyboard pad, which kills my hand, and is not reliable. What function actually controls the mod wheel for refined dynamic control. .

Thanks for any direction you can give. I feel like the GPO documentation is a level above what I need. John Newell.
    You can't save the GPO presets using the Kontakt player in Finale. YOu can save a Finale score that has a specific group of GPO instruments assigned to the staves, but this does not export to any other application. A good, inexpensive, full-featured sequencer is Tracktion 2. It will do what you want. CC#1 is the midi control assigned to the modulation wheel. This mod wheel (CC#1) in GPO controls volume and timbre in most instruments. In a sequencer if you record your performance, you can further edit the CC#1 data graphically in your sequencer to refine your performance.

Hope this helps a little,
    JT

Thank you Jeff, a little light bulb went off for me! John Newell

Power Profile User

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    According to Carla at Makemusic support, if you already have Finale GPO registered on your computer, then you do not need the update.

Jeff
    Thanks you, but why the new version if we don't need it. I guess I'm missing something, as usual.

Thanks you, but why the new version if we don't need it. I guess I'm missing something, as usual.
    It seems strange to me too, but I'm guessing it's only needed for new installations of Finale 2006/Finale GPO. Maybe something has changed about their installation disks.

Jeff

Power Profile User

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    It seems strange to me too, but I'm guessing it's only needed for new installations of Finale 2006/Finale GPO. Maybe something has changed about their installation disks.

Jeff
    That's an interesting point. Many of us have been complaining about the playback, hesitation and popping and sometimes a burst (a slight exaggeration) of sound. I wonder if there's a connection. Maybe not, but I wish someone could explain clearly what's going on. I'm always in the dark. Thanks for getting back to me.

That's an interesting point. Many of us have been complaining about the playback, hesitation and popping and sometimes a burst (a slight exaggeration) of sound. I wonder if there's a connection. Maybe not, but I wish someone could explain clearly what's going on. I'm always in the dark. Thanks for getting back to me.
    I'm running Kontakt version 1.1.9.003 with Finale 2006C/Windows.

It does not eliminate the kick-off and ending anomalies. Those are the only problems I've noted, however (none of the others you mentioned)... minor, really, as far as I'm concerned; though it'd be nice to know what causes that.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum