• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics and Mactel?

Spectrasonics and Mactel?

Will it be necessary to uprade current Spectrasonics plugins before switching to Intel apple products? If so, is there any kind of timetable for that yet?

Re: Spectrasonics and Mactel?

We'll have a public statement and some news about that important issue next week.

Thanks, sorry to be pesky

OK...the official Spectrasonics Intel Mac Info page is up now:

and the new Public Beta forum for Intel Mac users, which includes Stylus RMX Universal Binary download for registered users:

Cool! Thanks!

I know there is no official word, and you guys have to be careful about what you say, but is there any relative idea of when Trilogy and Atmosphere might be ready? Are we talking a couple weeks, a couple months, a year, more? I have no remote idea, I'm sure you guys aren't sure yet, but if you could give some remote ballpark estimate, something to work with, it would save me some grief. I promise I won't hold you to it

Read the full public statement again very carefully and you'll be able to glean more info.

Note that regarding Atmosphere/Trilogy customers it says "M U C H more time"....

That's all we can say for a while.

It's going to be a long journey until Macintel is the same quality, stability and variety of plug-ins/hosts as the current Power PCs G5 systems have. I think that will be well into next year before it's a robust pro platform and all the kinks are worked out.

Definitely "bleeding-edge" territory right now. :-)

Fair enough... The info is well appreciated!

Go Back to forum