• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO - am I missing the Extra stuff?

Share/Bookmark

GPO - am I missing the Extra stuff?

Have just bought and installed the Garritan GPO on my PC. Although it works fine, the Sound On Sound magazine review back in October 2004 stated that it came bundled with lots of extra stuff such as mp3s, midi files ('data packets?'), an ambience plug-in and a cut-down version of Cubase. Yet all I appear to have received is the plug-in itself, on the one DVD.
    Has anyone else recently bought GPO recently and if so did they get the extra stuff?
    (got it from a retailer called Making Waves, if that's of any relevance)

Re: GPO - am I missing the Extra stuff?

Garritan.com does not mention Cubasis or Overture SE under Personal Orchestra anymore, so I guess these programs do not come bundled with GPO.

Question Re: GPO - am I missing the Extra stuff?

BasilRathbone, One would speculate by your nickname that you might be a Sherlock Holmes fan?

Well shucks, Sherlock, I think you can get the Ambience plug in either directly or by downloading the latest version of GPO Studio from garritan.com, at no cost.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by BasilRathbone
    Have just bought and installed the Garritan GPO on my PC. Although it works fine, the Sound On Sound magazine review back in October 2004 stated that it came bundled with lots of extra stuff such as mp3s, midi files ('data packets?'), an ambience plug-in and a cut-down version of Cubase. Yet all I appear to have received is the plug-in itself, on the one DVD.
    Has anyone else recently bought GPO recently and if so did they get the extra stuff?
    (got it from a retailer called Making Waves, if that's of any relevance)
    Basil, That was very observant of you. The SOS review was some time ago. Since then we went from 4 CDs to one DVD and lowered the price. The latest version does not have some of these extra programs. Overture SE and Cubase is no longer bundled since our contract with Steinberg and Overture had ended and we may have substitute offerings in the future. Ambience Reverb, Garritan Studio and the mp3s/song files are available as a download. The prices has been reduced from $249 to $199 to reflect this. You can email me at gary@garritan.com if you need any links.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum