• Register
  • Help

Topic: problem with RMX 1.5

Share/Bookmark

Problem with RMX 1.5

I'm having an irritating problem with RMX in Pro Tools.

When launching a file that has already been programmed with an RMX instantiation, it defaults to the last saved parameters you were working with. This is great because PT instantly plays your settings with no bother.

However, if you launch RMX to access or edit the loaded patch, the splash page comes up with EVERY INSTRUMENT you have assigned the MIDI channels playing at once! You have to quickly click on the splash page, then manually click on "stop" on the edit page to stop the cacophony that comes roaring out of my monitors. This problem is compounded if RMX is already playing along with the sequence. Not good for the ears, monitors, and quite inconvenient to say the least.

Is there a workaround or fix for this? I would like to call up RMX without all the bedlam.

Ray Lyon
    www.balsampillow.com

Re: problem with RMX 1.5

I'm not sure why, but this thread is being ignored... is anyone home? Eric? Glenn O?

We haven't seen that here, but I have heard reports of it before. Apparently, Pro Tools, in some cases, insists on turning on the RMX play button when the session loads. We've sent along a report of this to Digidesign, but don't yet have a workaround to offer.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    We haven't seen that here, but I have heard reports of it before. Apparently, Pro Tools, in some cases, insists on turning on the RMX play button when the session loads. We've sent along a report of this to Digidesign, but don't yet have a workaround to offer.
    "In some cases"... do you have any specific info regarding this? If you don't mind me asking, what computer, RAM, version of PT, OS 10.x.x are you using that doesn't manifest this problem? I would like to compare what you have vs. what I have...

My setup is G5 dual 2.0, 2.5 GB RAM, OSX 10.4.3, PT 7.1 cs3
    (the RMX play button would turn on when I was on v6.7 of PT as well)

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

Ray Lyon

Response anyone to above query?

Go Back to forum