• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Doubling of Sample Rate with new Event 5.0

Share/Bookmark

Doubling of Sample Rate with new Event 5.0

This happens in GS1.6LE with the new Event drivers 5.00. Other applications including Cubase VST work and playback fine at 44.1KHz through my Darla card.
    Therefore, it must be a bug between GSLE and the new Event drivers.

Re: Doubling of Sample Rate with new Event 5.0

I\'m having the exact same problem with LE 1.6 and the 5.00 driver. Been waiting all this time for multiclient use. Figures....

Are you guys talking about the loops playing back at double speed? That\'s whats happening to me with Darla and 5.0 drivers, and GS-LE.

Yeah, that\'s what we\'re talking about. I talked to Nemesys today and was told that they will look into it. Looks like it is an actual bug, and not just a settings problem.

Yep at the studio I have been doing work at the version 5 echo driver is definitely doubling the sample rate when useing GS. It is basically unusable so I have gone back to version 4.05 of the event driver

This is specific to LE. The full version seems to work fine. We are on the case.
    Take care
    Dave of NemeSys

There seems to be a problem with the full version of GS, the 5.0 driver, and Cakewalk.
    If you start GS first, Cakewalk won\'t let you select the Endless Wave driver from the list of Midi Devices.
    If you start Cakewalk first, you don\'t get any sounds from the outputs you\'ve assigned to GS (even though the GS interface shows that the midi signals are being received on the correct channels).
    And if you start Cakewalk from within GS, the timing is very erratic.
    Anyone else having these problems? Anyone using this combination of apps, as well as the Unitor8 midi interface?

I thought you were supposed to run your sequencer from the Gigasampler but I ran into the \"erratic timing\" problems that AIDA mentioned in his last post. When I start Cakewalk first the timing seems to be fine. I have GS LE however, and I am baffled as to why all the samples are playing an octave too high. I noticed Dave from Nemesys\' acknowledgement of the problem on 8/26. Has there been any progress on a solution?

Ok, here is the latest on the doubling problem with v1.6 LE and v5.0 of the echo drivers.

We (NemeSys and Echo) have narrowed the problem down to a driver change. Echo has promised to release a v5.01 of the driver
    which we have both verified fixes the problem. They told me that it just needs to go through QA, but since the changes were minor that it should be available fairly shortly. I noticed it was not posted today, but please continue to check echo\'s site for an update.

Again this problem only effects the LE version.

Joe (NemeSys)

So whats going to hapen, is this something thats going to be worked out in the NEAR!!! future. I made the mistake of loading Unity DS1 with Darla and CRASH!!!. Bitheadz, makes good stuff but alas wanted me to add another card. I\'m not going there but I need to know I can get some work done with Darla and a soft sampler. Please tell me GS/LE is an option. I will buy it now!!! Thanks, jmac

Go Back to forum