• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adapt/Convert Atmosphere VSTi into Atmosphere VST Effect?

Share/Bookmark

Adapt/Convert Atmosphere VSTi into Atmosphere VST Effect?

For use in Cubase, how easy would it be to Hex edit Atmosphere.dll to show up in the VST effects insert list on an audio file, rather than the VST Instruments rack? Surely the switch which dicates what type of VST Cubase loads the dll as cannot be too complicated an affair? Would such a converted dll still be able to it support MIDI-In as an audio effect a la Waves Mordopher?

Being able to use Atmosphere like this would overcome a serious design issue with the way Cubase works with VSTi; especially when one wishes to record a VSTi DIRECT to an audio file without external or internal virtual patching (which isn't possible on all machines/sound card setups!!) or using Export Audio!

And don't say change sequencer because in this instance the individual in question does not want to. Please help.

Re: Adapt/Convert Atmosphere VSTi into Atmosphere VST Effect?

Erm - maybe i'm missing your point but atmosphere is not an effect, its a synth!! There is no way on earth you can just change it from an instrument to fx its fundamentally designed to be an instrument.

What exactly are you trying to do with it?

Best

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalPlug
    Being able to use Atmosphere like this would overcome a serious design issue with the way Cubase works with VSTi; especially when one wishes to record a VSTi DIRECT to an audio file without external or internal virtual patching (which isn't possible on all machines/sound card setups!!) or using Export Audio!
    So what you want to do is record MIDI and the resulting audio at the same time from a VSTi? I don't think that this is possible in any sequencer, so changing wouldn't be an option. Do let me know if I'm wrong.

The new Control Room (which I think is going to be introduced into Cubase, if it hasn't already) will give you some of this, but you will need to do virtual patching. There have been requests for "batch render", which would mean that all your VSTi MIDI could be rendered to audio at the same time, without having to do them one by one, but I don't think that this is what you want. I think that in the long run virtual patching will likely be the way to go, as it offers much more flexibility, for example you could print a mix of 2 or more VSTi on to one audio track.

D

In Ableton Live it is possible to record VSTi audio in realtime (at the same time as MIDI-recording, if you wish!). If you use Cubase SX3 you need something like "Senderella" to route VSTi audio to an input channel in Cubase.

Sture

Go Back to forum