• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Say hello to Romeo!

Red face OT: Say hello to Romeo!

I thought I would show the nice folks here at the GPO community a picture of my best friend.

Romeo is a 4 year old Gelding: Bay Color: Registered American Quarter Horse.

Who looks more frustrated at the trainer's requests?
    Me or him? LOL

Somewhere under my hat.

Re: OT: Say hello to Romeo!

Romeo: I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.

Rider (to trainer): What the **** is wrong with you?

Doctor (to rider): What the **** is wrong with YOU? Giddoff that horse!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: OT: Say hello to Romeo!

Ah, Mr. Francis ... That horse sure is majestic! But, where's the ten gallon hat, double pearl handle six shooters, (they don't have to be real, chill! ) your cowboy boots, and chaps? Heck, you're not English ... or are you?

Re: OT: Say hello to Romeo!

It's just a riding helmet. Helmets are a requirement at the stable. I'd love to wear my Doc. Holiday hat but ..., and my boots are Justin's - roping boots.

Also, that is a western saddle.

I do have a few colt revolvers that I hope to be able to cap off someday with Romeo. That takes time so that the horse does not spook and take me for a (cough) ride!

You told me that you love horses but are afraid of them? That fear goes away with time. Once you learn that a horse is more afraid of you then you are of it. They are huge babies that need to feel safe and protected. They are herd animals. The key is to replace the safety of the herd with you. All you need to do is spend time with the horse to achieve that.

Go Back to forum