• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: problem w/new event 5.0 driver????

Share/Bookmark

problem w/new event 5.0 driver????

After I installed the new gina 5.0 drivers GS will not boot. Everytime I try to boot it says a fatal error has occured. Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: problem w/new event 5.0 driver????

Turn off Direct Sound in Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Sound,video&game controllers.

ok i can find where to turn of directsound now but i am still having one problem. i set the outputs of gina in GS to 1 and 2 and the outputs of gina in cubase to 3 and 4 this will work (meaning it will play) but i have to use the multimedia asio driver because it won\'t let me use the gina asio driver. i thought the whole point of this new driver was to allow you to do that?

also i can not get my spdif light to come on in the gina mixer panel. it stays greyed out. how can i turn it back on? or what am i doing wrong.

dc

you have to let cubase use output 1 & 2
    Read the documents carefully that came with the new drivers all the info is in there

I\'m having the same problem with Cakewalk.
    If I start Giga first, Gina doesn\'t show up in Cakewalk. If I start Cakewalk first, Giga can\'t access the Gina.

What gives?

Maybe you have to tell Cakewalk not to use the other outputs. You know, in the preferences tell it to only use 1,2. Then seperately, tell Giga to use 3,4.

Then, ultimately, run Cake PRIOR to Giga. You\'ll never get it to work if you run Giga first. It always takes hold of all Midi Audio ports by default, the only way to stop it is for them to already be open in another prog.

Yep..I did that.
    Funny thing is, Giga won\'t let me deselect outputs 1-2. So I chose 1-2, 3-4 for Giga.
    Then in Cakewalk, I turned off those outputs. Still no luck.

Ah the old \"not deselecting\" bug.

try this.

Change every single output to 3,4 for all 16 midi channels. THEN, try deactivating 1,2.

You should find that works.

Thanks. That allowed me to deselect 1-2. However, I still can\'t get multiclient.
    I can set Cakewalk to 5-6,7-8 and Giga to 1-2,3-4...or vice versa, but I still get the error from Giga :\"audio is being used by another application.\"

To mitchb2: I\'m having the same problem with GS and Cakewalk. What midi interface are you using?
    Also, when you start GS first, how do you start Cakewalk - through GS or on its own?

Go Back to forum