• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Gold and Sibelius 4.1

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Gold and Sibelius 4.1

Hi
    I am struggling with the differences between the way one uses GPO in Finale and Sibelius .Why am I bothering. Well....despite the fact that I am totally comfortable and committed as far as Finale is concerned, I find many of my students have opted for the 'easier' program (it amy be cheaper) as well, so I figured I would bite the bullet and learn it.

Here is my current problem: Affter crossgrading and now have GPO available in Sibelius 4.1, the Kontakt Gold player shows up when I load a student project with all slots empty. There is no LOAD button as in the players that come with Finale and can be used in DP.

I have changed instrument assignments in the Sibelius mixer but the player still is blank. How does one load GPO instruments into Kontakt Gold? This is so easy in Finale and I can't figure out the way to do it in Sibelius (I am making my way through the manual and may just not have found the teeny tiny fine print on this.

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Re: Kontakt Gold and Sibelius 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Hi
    I am struggling with the differences between the way one uses GPO in Finale and Sibelius .Why am I bothering. Well....despite the fact that I am totally comfortable and committed as far as Finale is concerned, I find many of my students have opted for the 'easier' program (it amy be cheaper) as well, so I figured I would bite the bullet and learn it.

Here is my current problem: Affter crossgrading and now have GPO available in Sibelius 4.1, the Kontakt Gold player shows up when I load a student project with all slots empty. There is no LOAD button as in the players that come with Finale and can be used in DP.

I have changed instrument assignments in the Sibelius mixer but the player still is blank. How does one load GPO instruments into Kontakt Gold? This is so easy in Finale and I can't figure out the way to do it in Sibelius (I am making my way through the manual and may just not have found the teeny tiny fine print on this.

Paul
    Paul,

Two things - one, the instruments should load themselves, if they are in the score. You can do a few things - hitting Reset sounds often helps. But it sounds as though no instrument is loading, which means Sibelius didn't find the sample. Did you copy the .nks files into the appropriate folder in Sibelius? That part often gets overlooked for those of us who already have GPO. It's important to COPY them, not move them (as I did, the first time around, resulting in GPO not being able to find the samples!). The exact library to copy to should be in the instructions (I'm not at the right computer to check this).

Hope this helps.

R. Pearl

Hi

Yes, I followed instructions to the letter. Is there a way to let Sibelius know that all is in order. The GPO libraries were copied and pasted per instructions to the correct folder as far as I can tell.

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Hi

Yes, I followed instructions to the letter. Is there a way to let Sibelius know that all is in order. The GPO libraries were copied and pasted per instructions to the correct folder as far as I can tell.

Paul
    Paul,
    I suggest you post this on the Sibelius forum - there are many more users there, and they are far more knowledgeable.
    Not sure what the problem is, but I'll keep thinking - it'll probably come to me eventually...

R. Pearl

Go Back to forum