• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where Is GS ?

Share/Bookmark

Where Is GS ?

I just bought my first sampler, GS3 Ensemble & I'm now getting the feeling I made a mistake. When I look around for different libraries I see a lot that work in other sampler programs but not GS. Am I missing something obvious?
    Also the main reason I bought GSE was for the 10 gig library it came with. Well talk about advertising hype.
    They're all basically useless demos except for Gigapiano II. On the good side I am totally impressed with the sound quality. I guess GPII was still worth the price of admission.

Gary

Re: Where Is GS ?

Many things are going the way of the Rompler. There are still things being developed for GS. You'll find them on this site like Worra and Bela D. I think Project Sam is still making gigs.

Also learn how to use the Giga editor quite well and you can make your own libraries from samples.

Don't forget about Sonic Implants and all of the existing VSL libs.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by garyed
    I just bought my first sampler, GS3 Ensemble & I'm now getting the feeling I made a mistake. When I look around for different libraries I see a lot that work in other sampler programs but not GS. Am I missing something obvious?
    Also the main reason I bought GSE was for the 10 gig library it came with. Well talk about advertising hype.
    They're all basically useless demos except for Gigapiano II. On the good side I am totally impressed with the sound quality. I guess GPII was still worth the price of admission.

Gary
    I can anderstand your feeling but don't be impress by this, they are new features with Giga that can improve older library + you can get all the VSL lib. and the Sonic Implants lib. in Giga format whitch are the best ochestral lib. out there imo, if you're into ochestral stuff. Also kitekrazy is right, lurn the editor, it's very powerfull. Don't be lazy, like me . There's a CD out there call GIGASTUDIO Mastery by David Govett and Kevin Phelan that could help you start whit the editor, that CD is for giga 2 though but mutch of it is the same as giga 3, i also hear they are working on Giga 3 Mastery whitch should be good imo. It's also fun to whatch, these guys are kind of cool .

It's thrue about Giga ens. and it's lib, i was disapointed to, maby you should get Giga ochestra whitch has a bigger lib(no sure how good it is?), but imo you should never buy a sampler for it's lib., never!

Also, threre's an ochestral lib. that is very cheap by Kurk hunter(KHSO Emerald), it's $300 for 25 GB of samples, that could also be improve whit the new giga3 options, the problem is that not too many people know about those options but i here the tascam team will print out a manual for this soon and i also heard that more is coming... There's a thread here about this some where? So don't give up just yet!

Look here and on the Tascam websit and you will see there's a lot of stuff for giga, and they can all be improve whit giga 3 .

P.S. You could take your chances whit kontack, but from what i read on every forum on this planet it's not stable, even unusable many of them said and don't givin into the rompler, caus then you're stuck whit it like i am,.. i have to buy kontack to retune some of the samples that came whit my ronpler(kompack player), it's a little depressing.

As for me, i will stick whit Giga and will learn to take advantage of all it's features caus it's the most powerfull and most stable sampler out there + it will be VST soon if you absolutly want to use it in your sequencer, i have i good feeling about all this.

good luck!

Thanks for the replies,
    I guess I've got some thinking & learning to do first.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001

P.S. You could take your chances whit kontack, but from what i read on every forum on this planet it's not stable,
    Yes, but you'll read just as many that say the same about GS3. Kontakt looks a bit overwhelming compared to GS.

The VSL and SI libraries are quite pricey for the average user. I'd recommend KH Emrald.

If you think the GIGA piano is good your in for pleasant surprise when you get a good dedicated piano sample.

Does GS Edit even ship with Ensemble? Hope not to burst any bubbles.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Does GS Edit even ship with Ensemble? Hope not to burst any bubbles.

Belbin
    Yes. The main difference is that Ensemble doesn't allow you to put GigaPulse in the DSP channels. That and the poly limit. And the fewer included samples.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Yes. The main difference is that Ensemble doesn't allow you to put GigaPulse in the DSP channels. That and the poly limit. And the fewer included samples.

-JF
    Hi Jon, do you think it's worth getting Giga orchestra for the additionnal samples? I already own Opus 1+2 and soon SI strings/brass.

thanks!

Go Back to forum