• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Gold Registration

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Gold Registration

After doing a crossgrade to allow Sibelius and Finale to use Garritan personal orchestra, Sibelius now confronts me with something called the Kontakt Player Gold. I am not able to register this player for some reason. Can anyone explain?

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Re: Kontakt Gold Registration

ASAIK you don't need to. Why not toddle over to the Sibelius forum and maybe you'll get a proper answer there.

D

Paul,

I believe the confusion comes from the fact that Kontakt Gold is the NI player, which allows for more midi ports that the Kontakt Silver player. GPO Sibelius needs the larger Kontakt Gold player and installs it. That is why you are prompted to register the Kontakt Gold player.

I don't think that you need to register the Kontakt Gold player at NI, but it won't hurt to do so. This has nothing to do with the samples sold by Sibelius as Kontakt Gold, which also requires the Kontakt Gold player.

Thanks everyone. That helps.

Hey Daryl, what does ASAIK mean?

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Thanks everyone. That helps.

Hey Daryl, what does ASAIK mean?

Paul
    It means that my fingers couldn't tell the difference between an S and an F.....!

D

Go Back to forum