Share/Bookmark

Lexicon Core2

Hey,

Is anybody running the Gigasampler with the
    new 24-bit Lexicon Core2? If so, how do
    you configure it to make the Gigasampler
    recognise it for the multiple outs?

Re: Lexicon Core2

I am thinking about purchasing either the core2, or the older studio 12t, have you had any luck with either lexicon product using gigasampler?

FORGET ABOUT THE LEXICON COMPATABILITY WITH GIGA. I HAVE A CORE2 AS WELL AND HAVE EVEN CONTACTED LEXICON TECH SUPPORT IN ORDER TO FIND OUT ABOUT SUPPORT FOR GIGA. THEIR REPLY WAS: \"WE HAVE HAD MANY REQUESTS TO SUPPORT DIRECT X GIGASAMPLER BUT WE DON\'T HAVE ANY IMMEDIATE PLANS TO DO SO. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE CONTACT US REQUESTING IT WE WILL MOVE IT UP ON OUR PRIORITY LIST BUT NOT UNTIL THEN\". THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE OUT THERE AND WANT LEXICON STUDIO SUPPORT FOR GIGA, CONTACT THEM AND BUG THE CRAP OUT OF THEM. PEACE OUT.

You\'re right. I ended up returning the Core2 because I wasn\'t about to wait around for Lexicon to get a grip and write some firmware. I was surprised at how complacent they were when I called to suggest that they make the Core2 compatible. I mean, come on! How can you manufacture a multi-channel PCI sound card in Q399 and NOT make it Gigasampler compatible? So I bought the Layla instead. Too bad, because I like Lexicon\'s products otherwise and I wanted to give them my business.

HOW IS THE LAYLA WORKING? I DON\'T HAVE A BIG BUDGET BUT I DO BELIEVE THAT GINA USES THE SAME DRIVERS AS LAYLA AND I JUST MIGHT CAN THIS CORE2 MYSELF BUT I WANT TO BE SURE THAT THIS WILL BE THE LAST CARD THAT I HAVE TO BUY. THANKS.

Hi There

I would have thought that the nearest compatible product to the Core2 is the Mixtreme card. The event cards are excellent value for money but the mixtreme does at least have DSP\'s on the card and is upgradable... It might be worth checking it out. Also Digidesign\'s new card is out for eval in most shops but I doubt it has GS support, they (digidesign) are even more anal than lexicon.

Up with GS down with Unity DS-1

KIA

KIA,
    I couldn\'t agree more, up with GS. That other thing isn\'t worth the CDs they print it on.

On the topic of this thread, you know the best kind of card for GS would be a multiclient one like the Aark 20/20+ or the Pulsar or Layla, but one with it\'s own virtual channel mixer and DSP effects like the Yamaha 2416. that way you could have say, 8 stereo channels of output on the card, and a DSP effects processor for each output. And in GS, you could select the output you want for a sound, and in the Card\'s mixer you can set up an effects program for that channel. Then in GS you can send different sounds to different outputs and use seperate DSP effects on those channels etc. I don\'t think there\'s anything that does this properly yet, but it would get over the problem that everyone wants effects in realtime on their samples.

****, If I had the money, I\'d start a business making cards just like that right now. Everyone would want one.

Also, if the DSP on the cards had some kind of Open Source element to it, where people/companies could write plugins just like Directx, or even emulate the Directx versions, and you could load new plugins to the card\'s memory as time goes on. How cool would that be?

hmm.............

Bob

Bob

Just as a thought to your last thread, Isn\'t Audio X supposed to be designed to address that very issue (tapping into the DSP\'s on a sound card from your own application) Cakewalk 9 is going to kick in in Oct/Nov and I am doing a couple of roadshows in the UK with Robin from Cakewalk and it will be one of the main selling points/discussion points of the program.

That may be a \"mini\" solution.. I will keep you updated if you like on what I find out.

KIA

Hey Nazaru, or any other Lexicon Core owner...I know Lexicon is not compatible with GS, I have a Gina that I can be able run GS Exclusively since i have two computers and Im plaining to use one of them just for giga. I would like to know about the audio performance on the CORE system, somepeople says it\'s a problematic card...but I just like the specs I read on the adds, so How much are you satisfied with this card ? Hows the Convertors, CPU usage and others general issues...Thx for any Input !!!!

jaz

Bob, PULSAR has efx and brands like TC TIMEWORKS make plugins for it. the same ones they make as a directx. I also heard that WAVES might start making plugins for pulsar. Too bad it\'s not really compatible with GS.

[This message has been edited by Sasha (edited 12-30-1999).]

Go Back to forum