• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Jazz Drums?????

Share/Bookmark

Jazz Drums?????

I know that this topic has probably already been beaten to death (no pun intended) But, what are you folks using for jazz drums (other than the real thing)?

peace

rp

Re: Jazz Drums?????

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    I know that this topic has probably already been beaten to death (no pun intended) But, what are you folks using for jazz drums (other than the real thing)?

peace

rp
    I am using Studio B 2:The Jazz Collection

Well, you asked!

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    I am using Studio B 2:The Jazz Collection

Well, you asked!
    I did ask and I think that I am going to swing (pun intended) over to your site and pick up Studio B 2.

Peace

Rik

Hi!

I´ve done some demos to Fxpansion wich produces BFD. I´m not sure, but it seems that they are releasing a Jazz/Funk new pack. You can check it out in their site.

Cheers!

I did ask and I think that I am going to swing (pun intended) over to your site and pick up Studio B 2.

Peace

Rik
    Not yet released!

I use both Garritan Jazz & Big Band and my own. I prefer to play in myself especially when the other's have one too many and get out of control. I hate using a keyboard controller for any type of percussion! I use a Roland SPD-20

Peace

Rik
    Hey Rik, Studio B 2 hasn't been released yet, it has been put aside for a more exciting project, but I hear very good things about Garritan's JABB, you should look into that, you get a whole lot more than drums at a price similar to the "just drums" packages from other developers. Studio B 1 is out, but its rock/acoustic drums, not jazz.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

If you want cheap and quick, go to SonicImplants and download their brush kit.

http://sonicimplants.com/ProductDeta...=BrushDrumkits

For $24, you can't go wrong!

The kit has a basic GM layaout with some brush swirls on the keys below the bass drum. It could use more layers, but, hey, $24.

The bottom line is that it sounds clean and convincing. It's right for the genre.

Also, SI's customer service treated me more than fairly. With their old user interface it wasn't clear if you should click the download button above or below the title. I clicked the wrong one and bought the wrong set. I e-mailed them, promised to delete the previous download, and they gave me the correct one. Believe me, I deleted the old one! I was thrilled to get the correct kit, and to receive that level of trust.

BTW, their user interface is clean now. Don't try that excuse to get two kits for the price of one!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Hey Rik, Studio B 2 hasn't been released yet, it has been put aside for a more exciting project, but I hear very good things about Garritan's JABB, you should look into that, you get a whole lot more than drums at a price similar to the "just drums" packages from other developers. Studio B 1 is out, but its rock/acoustic drums, not jazz.
    I agree about JABB.

Also note: That the jazz kits in studio B 2 is just one side of this library. There is also a jazz guitar, fretless bass and a few more toys found in the studio.

Coming very soon or Alan gets fired

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    I agree about JABB.

Also note: That the jazz kits in studio B 2 is just one side of this library. There is also a jazz guitar, fretless bass and a few more toys found in the studio.

Coming very soon or Alan gets fired
    Oh no, Alan's gig is on the line

Thanks for all the input. I do own JABB and Stylus. I am doing some smooth jazz demos for a client and was looking to add to my drum offerings. I also own BFD and I did hear (read) somewhere that they were coming out with a Funk/Jazz version. Maybe I can hire Styxx for the demos! I'm a Rochester, NY boy, but now live in the wilds of New Hampshire

I will also keep my eyes and ears open for the B 2. I love Bela D Media stuff!

Peace

rp

Go Back to forum