• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prophetic Dreams

Prophetic Dreams

Hi everyone,

Here's a short piece from - yep, you guessed it - Spellbound the Musical. The song is sung by Herianne (lead female) as she describes a dream she had of Garlan (her mentor) communicating a message to her from the afterlife.

The great thing about dreams is, you can do whatever you want in them, a bit like in a cartoon! :-)

This is the instrumental version, as usual. Please comment on musicality, mixing, balance, repetition, errors, abnormalities or whatever you wish you comment on. We always listen very carefully to critique and make changes to our music based upon opinion and reactions from our audiences.

Incidentally, there will be an open theatre reading of Spellbound on March 18 in NY. Everyone here is welcome to come and it would be a great pleasure to meet people from the GPO forum if you can be there. GPO recordings of all the songs will be used - not live musicians!
    Drinks and snacks will be provided. I'll let you know the venue and time once it has been confirmed.

Regards to all,
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Re: Prophetic Dreams

Fine work once again, Kin!

Thanks David.

I tried to send you a message on here a couple of weeks ago but it didn't let me. Gonna be moving to CT this year and wanted to ask a few questions about some of the towns close to Hartford. Would be good to get in touch.

Take care,

Kin, you can reach me via the mail form (down the page) on www.DavidSosnowski.com.

Hi, this is good. Very relaxing and dreamy. There is a bass piano chromatic line I think is fantastic around 30 sec. into the piece. I would really like to hear more of that. The introduction of instruments and the slight build is great and keeps the listeners interest. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe "play" around with the piano rhythm. It seems to be just a little repetitive. But I also understand it plays a supportive role during the majority of the work. Overall, I think this would be very effective music for a dramatic scene.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Nicely done! I recognize the melodies from the pieces you have posted before, it was great to hear an instrumental version of them. Wish there was some way I could make it to NY in March. But good luck with it! Sounds great!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Michael and Sean,

Thanks for your comments. Michael - yes,the instrumental version of a song can often seem bare or repetitive without the vocals; I am often reluctant to post stuff here for that reason...but then I remember just how kind and constructive people are on here with their critiques! :-)

Sean - I'm glad you recognised some of the themes from other numbers in the show. Each character and location has its own 'ditty' which is heard throughout the show.

Once again, thankyou both for your comments.

Go Back to forum