• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic Pro 7.1 and EXS MIDI channels

Logic Pro 7.1 and EXS MIDI channels

I'm having a hard time. Here's my problem. I want to use several different EXS 24 instruments in the same track in Logic Pro 7.1 but I can't get it to work.

I read that the channel splitter would do this, so I bravely went into the intimidating Environment and tediously cabled a channel splitter to sixteen different instruments.

So far, so good, and I could find the channel splitter available as an item I could assign to instrument tracks. But afer I did this, I couldn't figure out how to assign a different EXS instrument to separate MIDI channels which I could then use for articulations in the same track.

This is so very to easy to do with the Kontakt player and the Kompakt player, or even the HALion player and I thought that it would be even easier in Logic, since the EXS 24 mkII is native to Logic, but it didn't work.

I have samples that are EXS instruments (VSL and ProjectSAM Brass) and can't be accessed any other way. As a workaround I have been using separate tracks for each instrument/articulation, which is kind of ricidulous and enormously time consuming. There must be an easier way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill B.

Re: Logic Pro 7.1 and EXS MIDI channels

Probably the easiest way is just to set up multiple tracks in the Arrange window, each with a different EXS. Put aliases of the MIDI regions from the first track in the others; whatever you do to the main track will be reflected in the aliases.

EXS isn't multi-timbral (at least not in the way you want it to be).

Go Back to forum