• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recording from gigasampler into cubase with wave/824? + dakota/directX pluginns?

Share/Bookmark

Recording from gigasampler into cubase with wave/824? + dakota/directX pluginns?

Hi.
    I\'m going to make music with gigasampler and a midi-seq program. But since gigasampler doesn\'t support effects (directX pluginns), I\'ll have to record the tracks into CubaseVST so I can add effects to them there.

How will this work, if I buy Wave/824?
    I know I have to record one channel at a time, but will there be problem with sync/delay working this way? Let\'s say, if I record from gs to cubase this way, one channel at a time, and end up with 24 channels of audio. Will every channel stay in synch with each other?

I\'m also thinking about the dakota/tango24 combo. (Though I don\'t need all that adat stuff, since everything is happening inside my computer - except for recording some vocals and guitars).
    Will dakota work with directX pluggins in CubaseVST?

Thanks for your help. I\'m in the middle of the process of building/buying my own \"pc-studio\", so I need all the information I can get.

Re: Recording from gigasampler into cubase with wave/824? + dakota/directX pluginns?

Hi

The Wave 8/24 will not work with GS (although it works with Cubase). The ADAT connections are essential if you want to add a Tango 24 because that is how the Tango connects to the Dakota card. I have tried GS with the Dakota card and it works quite well although for some reason, the new driver for the Dakota gives me more latency than my Montego 2... funnily enough its the same with the Yamaha SW1000. Great to have the DSP power with the Yamaha but the latency is a bit naff at the moment. maybe it will improve with better drivers.

Check out the Mixtreme card as an option.

KIA

Go Back to forum