• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kaypio, 1st Mvt

Share/Bookmark

Kaypio, 1st Mvt

Part of my continuing effort to become fluent with the GPO orchestra instuments. The third movement will be posted later today. The second movement stinks. I don't know what happened, but looking at it after 2 years, either I was asleep when I did it, or gremlins have scrambled it. The third movement is my favorite, most unconservative.

Kaypio 1st Mvt
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=49837

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. .

Richard

Re: Kaypio, 1st Mvt

Hi,... Very unique. The opening chord progressions sounded so classical then things changed quickly. I didn't, at first, hear the strings playing the theme in the beginning that are later echoed by the brass and so on. The music becomes very modern; hard to classify, and very challenging. The piano is excellent. It reminds me of a film running backwards; like rain failing upward towards the sky. The piece really challenged me to listen more deeply then others; you are very good at your craft. Hope to hear more...
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Interesting piece, as is your habit, Richard.

And with Michael, I agree, that piano writing is... I keep using the word fascinating around your music. I doubt I would have ever conceived an effect like that... it seems to defy meter.

To my ear, it sounds like you are perhaps struggling a bit with balance and dynamics; but I have every certainty they'll soon fall surely under your hand.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Interesting piece, as is your habit, Richard.

And with Michael, I agree, that piano writing is... I keep using the word fascinating around your music. I doubt I would have ever conceived an effect like that... it seems to defy meter.

To my ear, it sounds like you are perhaps struggling a bit with balance and dynamics; but I have every certainty they'll soon fall surely under your hand.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Well, yep, it does (intentionally) defy meter. Yes, balance and dynamics for orchestral writing are stilll in the development stage for me.

Richard

Go Back to forum