• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO demo - a piano sonata

Share/Bookmark

GPO demo - a piano sonata

Hello friends...

Back when I first got Finale 2006 and GPO I did a bunch of demos to see how flexible the combination was and to prepare for using it my own compositions. I've shared them privately with a few friends, and they thought the
    demos might be of interest here, so I'll post them a bit at a time (don't wanna be a Listening Room Hog)

The first piece is an unpublished piano sonata - one of 12 which have rarely been performed (and never published!)

http://evensongmusic.net/audio/Paul_...pour_piano.mp3

Remember, this was all done in Finale - no MIDI post-tweakage in a DAW (only a little reverb in Sound Forge).

Enjoy!

Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

Great job on this, Jonathan!

Hermann Jardin's composition is a wonderful piece, too... when was this written?

My best,

David

Thumbs up Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

Great music. I enjoyed it very much. Saved in my hard disk if you don't mind.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Great job on this, Jonathan!

Hermann Jardin's composition is a wonderful piece, too... when was this written?

My best,

David
    Actually, Hermann Jardin is my pseudonym for when I have my computer do the performance

The actual composer is Paul de Maleingreau, and the piece was written in 1931

Cheerio,

Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    Actually, Hermann Jardin is my pseudonym for when I have my computer do the performance

The actual composer is Paul de Maleingreau, and the piece was written in 1931
    Lol... guess I should have read the file name!

It would have saved me fruitlessly Googling for Monsieur Jardin!

David.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Lol... guess I should have read the file name!

It would have saved me fruitlessly Googling for Monsieur Jardin!

David.
    <giggle>

Oh, you might actually find a reference to my digital doppelganger somewhere on the net...

Quote Originally Posted by Jun Yamamoto
    Great music. I enjoyed it very much. Saved in my hard disk if you don't mind.

Sincerely,
    Please do - it is always my hope that people will get some enjoyment out my music, whether it is something I have written or something of another composer's that I have rendered.

Hey John super stuff your Piano Sonata is really very nice keep at it!

Quote Originally Posted by fongi
    Hey John super stuff your Piano Sonata is really very nice keep at it!
    Thanks!

Just a reminder this is my RENDITION of someone else's sonata..... I don't want to take credit for writing it (although I wish I _had_ written it!)

Cheerio,

Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    . . . demos might be of interest here, so I'll post them a bit at a time (don't wanna be a Listening Room Hog)
    Please(!), I insist that you become a listening room hog! I want to hear more. It's always exciting to discover a composer whose music has escaped my notice, especially if it has strong French influences like this (which always puts a piece near the top of the pile from my point of view.) Paul de Maleingreau is just such a discovery for me. This is a terrific piece. Now, I'm compelled to run off on a quest to locate other recordings of his music. Your rendition is lovely. Thanks for posting this. More, more, more!

Tom

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast