• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Topic: GPO demo - a piano sonata

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Hello friends...

    Back when I first got Finale 2006 and GPO I did a bunch of demos to see how flexible the combination was and to prepare for using it my own compositions. I've shared them privately with a few friends, and they thought the
    demos might be of interest here, so I'll post them a bit at a time (don't wanna be a Listening Room Hog)

    The first piece is an unpublished piano sonata - one of 12 which have rarely been performed (and never published!)

    http://evensongmusic.net/audio/Paul_...pour_piano.mp3

    Remember, this was all done in Finale - no MIDI post-tweakage in a DAW (only a little reverb in Sound Forge).

    Enjoy!

  2. #2

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Great job on this, Jonathan!

    Hermann Jardin's composition is a wonderful piece, too... when was this written?

    My best,

    David
    .

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Great music. I enjoyed it very much. Saved in my hard disk if you don't mind.

    Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  4. #4

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Great job on this, Jonathan!

    Hermann Jardin's composition is a wonderful piece, too... when was this written?

    My best,

    David
    .
    Actually, Hermann Jardin is my pseudonym for when I have my computer do the performance

    The actual composer is Paul de Maleingreau, and the piece was written in 1931

    Cheerio,

  5. #5

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    Actually, Hermann Jardin is my pseudonym for when I have my computer do the performance

    The actual composer is Paul de Maleingreau, and the piece was written in 1931
    Lol... guess I should have read the file name!

    It would have saved me fruitlessly Googling for Monsieur Jardin!

    David.
    .

  6. #6

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Lol... guess I should have read the file name!

    It would have saved me fruitlessly Googling for Monsieur Jardin!

    David.
    .
    <giggle>

    Oh, you might actually find a reference to my digital doppelganger somewhere on the net...

  7. #7

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Yamamoto
    Great music. I enjoyed it very much. Saved in my hard disk if you don't mind.

    Sincerely,
    Please do - it is always my hope that people will get some enjoyment out my music, whether it is something I have written or something of another composer's that I have rendered.

  8. #8

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Hey John super stuff your Piano Sonata is really very nice keep at it!

  9. #9

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Quote Originally Posted by fongi
    Hey John super stuff your Piano Sonata is really very nice keep at it!
    Thanks!

    Just a reminder this is my RENDITION of someone else's sonata..... I don't want to take credit for writing it (although I wish I _had_ written it!)

    Cheerio,

  10. #10

    Re: GPO demo - a piano sonata

    Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    . . . demos might be of interest here, so I'll post them a bit at a time (don't wanna be a Listening Room Hog)
    Please(!), I insist that you become a listening room hog! I want to hear more. It's always exciting to discover a composer whose music has escaped my notice, especially if it has strong French influences like this (which always puts a piece near the top of the pile from my point of view.) Paul de Maleingreau is just such a discovery for me. This is a terrific piece. Now, I'm compelled to run off on a quest to locate other recordings of his music. Your rendition is lovely. Thanks for posting this. More, more, more!

    Tom

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •