• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nine Volt Guitars query

Nine Volt Guitars query

can anyone tell me the difference between the three libraries. I've checked the demos but have failed to spot it, e.g. Down Tempo Guitars seems no more down tempo than Electric Guitars,.... etc.

With any luck, I would like one library to have the most laid-back loops without distortion.

Re: Nine Volt Guitars query

Hi Hywyn,

I think I might be able to shed some light on your question (but we'll see ):

Downtempo Guitars Vol 2:
    - mostly minor key
    - includes clean/un-effected versions of every loop
    - although effected, most loops you can recognize that the origin of the sound is an electric guitar

Electronic Guitars:
    - fairly equal major to minor key loop ratio
    - all loops are effected
    - a great number of loops are not instantly recognizable as being electric guitar
    - this library is the most flexible of all the Nine Volt Audio loop collections due to the recording methods. You can read about that here.

Neither library is all that distortion heavy, although some loop groups have some overdrive.

I think either could work for you if "laid-back" is what you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help.

Thanks for the info Kyle,
    I'll see how i get on with Electric Guitars.
    All the best,

interesting description Kyle,

how would you characterise chopped guitars?

richard sven
    sound sculptist
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum