• Register
  • Help

Topic: GANG website deregistered?

Share/Bookmark

GANG website deregistered?

Check out audiogang.org and see for yourself. Seems like the domain expired and was not renewed.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Re: GANG website deregistered?

yep. since yesterday

Does this strike anyone else a tad amusing?

It better not have, after I spent all that time and effort writing for the latest student/apprentice contest.... and actually finishing the piece this time
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

Well said Will. I think it's important to note that while a lot of people have mixed feelings or downright animosity towards Mr. Tallarico and Co. the fact remains that for many of us just starting out in the audio branch of the game industry there are no other central resources of any real scope. GANG has been a good resource for many, myself included, to make connections and meet some great people both in the industry as well as many trying to get established, learn about the business side of the process and pick up tips from those working the trade.

So in answer to your question Marcussen, no I don't think this is very amusing.
    DJ Drunken Master - Composer Producer
    Home - Games

Then you might be pleased to know, it seems to be back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDM
    I think it's important to note that while a lot of people have mixed feelings or downright animosity towards Mr. Tallarico and Co. the fact remains that for many of us just starting out in the audio branch of the game industry there are no other central resources of any real scope.
    This is an interesting comment. Could you elaborate a bit more? I met Tommy and I have to say that given his status (and lack of my own), I was a bit intimidated by his presence. I take it I'm not alone here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmpsr
    This is an interesting comment. Could you elaborate a bit more? I met Tommy and I have to say that given his status (and lack of my own), I was a bit intimidated by his presence. I take it I'm not alone here?
    I'd honestly rather start a thread asking "which is better Mac or PC?"

Suffice it to say a lot of people seem to have issues with Tommy for various reasons. I haven't spent any significant time around him on any level so I can't really say I have any substantial stories one way or the other.

He and I did have a little run in (if you could call it that) online when he made some disparaging remarks about the Seattle Symphony on a recording of a panel discussion. As a big proponent of the organization I made mention of his position and why I thought it was inappropriate over on the GANG board. He stepped in, was very gracious and explained his position in a bit more detail. We parted amicably.

That's all I've got. But keep hanging around and I'm sure that someone will be happy to deliver a rant at some point.
    DJ Drunken Master - Composer Producer
    Home - Games

Quote Originally Posted by Cmpsr
    I didn't feel this way. Not to play pop psychologist here, but it's probably not a good idea to separate yourself from people like that (e.g. "wow, this person is so accomplished"). We're all just people. No one is better than anyone else, and "status" is relative and highly subjective. After all, everyone has to start from square one, right? Even bigshots like Elfman and Zimmer.

That being said, though, I did feel a little starstruck meeting Inon Zur. But that was mostly just because I respect him & think his music is incredible. Great guy, by the way..very humble & down to earth.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Go Back to forum