• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Topic: I had the honor...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Moderator/Developer Brian2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Out of my Mind
    Posts
    1,858

    I had the honor...

    It is not my intention to cause embarrassment in any way but I just wanted to say that I had the honor and privilege of meeting Bruce Richardson at TMEC in San Antonio. My wife and I (and Jeff) had the pleasure of having lunch with him. What a remarkable man! He is truly knowledgeable about so many things, and I think it is really fortunate that we have him here. I know that many have had heated debates with Bruce on assorted issues but I believe that he has always shown a professional and respectful attitude.
    I hope it was not inappropriate to post this, but I think that meeting such a nice person and recognizing his contributions to this forum required comment.

    …2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

  2. #2

    Re: I had the honor...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    It is not my intention to cause embarrassment in any way but I just wanted to say that I had the honor and privilege of meeting Bruce Richardson at TMEC in San Antonio. My wife and I (and Jeff) had the pleasure of having lunch with him. What a remarkable man! He is truly knowledgeable about so many things, and I think it is really fortunate that we have him here. I know that many have had heated debates with Bruce on assorted issues but I believe that he has always shown a professional and respectful attitude.
    I hope it was not inappropriate to post this, but I think that meeting such a nice person and recognizing his contributions to this forum required comment.

    …2112
    I don't think it is ever inappropriate to post something nice about someone.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

    www.jayasher.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Budleigh Salterton
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: I had the honor...

    Where TF is Bruce anyway?


  4. #4

    Re: I had the honor...

    Yes, Bruce is the best.

  5. #5

    Re: I had the honor...

    Yeah, but did you discuss Gigastudio?



    (We need to find a smiley for "ducking and running" ...)

    Ernie

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: I had the honor...

    Oh man....

    I'm not worthy, but thanks, Brian. It was great to hang with you guys. One thing about hanging out with Brian...there is a lot of laughing and good times. I appreciate that. I wish we'd had several more days, but I don't think my liver could take it!!!

    Ernie, can you guess how many fingers I'm holding up?

  7. #7

    Re: I had the honor...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Ernie, can you guess how many fingers I'm holding up?
    ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO!

    Ernie

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Budleigh Salterton
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: I had the honor...

    Hey Brian - did you get to ask Bruce about hair conditioner like you said you were gonna do?

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: I had the honor...

    It was terrific meeting Bruce. He was very engaging (and there was no talk about GigaStudio Ernie ). It is always fun to be pleasantly surprised when you meet someone for the first time from the forum.

    His knowledge in many areas was a good counterbalance to Brian2112 (only kidding Brian ).

    Gary

    Bassoons rule!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: I had the honor...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Oh man....

    I'm not worthy, but thanks, Brian. It was great to hang with you guys. One thing about hanging out with Brian...there is a lot of laughing and good times. I appreciate that. I wish we'd had several more days, but I don't think my liver could take it!!!

    Ernie, can you guess how many fingers I'm holding up?
    So, you meet Brian AKA "Grizzle Adams" in the flesh, eh? ... Just kidding Brian 21of12.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •