Evening's Last Light

GPO Steinway.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...st%20Light.MP3

The Limerick Waltz

VGP(Keith Jarret style) with GPO Violin 1 &2 Viola 1&2 and Cello

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...k%20Waltz..MP3

Re: 2 Short Piano Pieces

Phil,

I like your "Limerick Waltz" very much. Very nice!

Your tempo changes were cool.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Some wonderfully expressive writing in the Evening's Last Light... and I like the way this shifts smoothly and subtly through differing moods.

The Limerick Waltz -- I'm curious about the title, as it has a quietly Irish feel to it. (I'm half Irish, and yes, we are occasionally quiet.)

As Larry mentioned, the management of tempo -- well done, it really makes the piece work and keeps it interesting.

Nice job on these!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi,

I liked those 2 pieces. I am sure you could had extend parts in the Evening last night !

saldor

Thanks for the nice comments guys. These are a couple of tunes I wrote years ago and have recently tweaked them a bit. Evenings Last Light was a longer piece but I have condensed and reworked it. I might do more with it.

David- I just came up with The Limerick Waltz because I live in the Lake Limerick Country Club area (everything is named after irish places and things here) and a limerick is an Irish poem with humor and I intended it to be a fun piece. I've got one much more Irish that i'll post for you. I'm not sure if you'll like it but it's pretty Irish.

I enjoyed these pieces. Evening's Last Light reminded me of the Moonlight Sonata at some parts, but then it really becomes something much different. Wonderful melody. Makes me wish I could play the piano. Beautiful piano writing.

The Limerick Waltz has a catchy tune. I agree, it does sound a wee bit Irish at parts, which is never a bad thing. Again, great piano writing! The ending is brilliantly expressive. Bravo!

What elegant pieces you have here! I love them!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I enjoyed these pieces. Evening's Last Light reminded me of the Moonlight Sonata at some parts, but then it really becomes something much different. Wonderful melody. Makes me wish I could play the piano. Beautiful piano writing.

The Limerick Waltz has a catchy tune. I agree, it does sound a wee bit Irish at parts, which is never a bad thing. Again, great piano writing! The ending is brilliantly expressive. Bravo!

What elegant pieces you have here! I love them!
    Yes, it starts as Moonlight Sonata but then I switch to more like a classical guitar piece with it.

It's not to late to for you to learn the piano. I started teaching myself when I was sixteen and I really don't have piano hands. I started with Louie Louie instead of Twinkle Twinkle.

And thanks for the compliments Sean. I really don't exactly know what I'm doing but I just try to come up with something that sounds good to me.

Go Back to forum