• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Using a basic keyboard with Stradivari

Share/Bookmark

Using a basic keyboard with Stradivari

Has anyone tried using this with a keyboard without an expression pedal or aftertouch?
    I've no hope of achieving a pass in one go, but can these controllers be applied on another pass effectively? I'm aware this is missing the point of Stradivari, but it's only meant as a workaround while I'm on the road.
    Best,
    Hywyn

Wink Re: Using a basic keyboard with Stradivari

Quote Originally Posted by hywyn
    Has anyone tried using this with a keyboard without an expression pedal or aftertouch?
    I've no hope of achieving a pass in one go, but can these controllers be applied on another pass effectively? I'm aware this is missing the point of Stradivari, but it's only meant as a workaround while I'm on the road.
    Best,
    Hywyn
    If Giorgio had to answer, he had told you: "Haarg! NO PLEASE! My instrument MUST be played with the right set of controllers."

And he is right: it must be played with. But...

It's possible, as I do frequently with good results, to program it, and then edit sequences (wherever you generate it).

But if you don't have a good keyboard, you miss the option of finding the better sound experimenting it in live performance.

The instrument will be excellent anyway to make realistic mock up.

Question Re: Using a basic keyboard with Stradivari

Dear Fabio

how to use aftertouch for Stradivari
    my kb is QS8

THANK YOU FOR HELP

Re: Using a basic keyboard with Stradivari

[QUOTE=Fabio

The instrument will be excellent anyway to make realistic mock up.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, that's the reason I bought it and bow-up and down articulations are good enough for me and maybe a bit of vibrato on the last note.
    I like the sound of a violin played naively, if that makes any sense. Nice to know all that expression is there if I need it though.
    Thanks Fabio,
    Hywyn

Quote Originally Posted by ming
    Dear Fabio

how to use aftertouch for Stradivari
    my kb is QS8

THANK YOU FOR HELP
    I don't understand the question, sorry.

Do you already have the Stradivari?

if you have it just try demo sequences to understand (the controller to add is poly aftertouch, surf the site to find a lot of samples, made by me and Stefano Lucato).

The QS8 seems to have only velocity control, without aftertouch. But it's not necessary to have it on the keys if you can program another controller of the keyboard (e.g. pedal recommended by Giorgio: I don't know if QS8 have it, refer to the manual of the manufacturer).

If you can't, then you may play it with default vibrato rate, modulating the intensity via mod wheel, and editing it after midi recording. (again refer to the manual of the Stradi if you own it)

Smile Re: Using a basic keyboard with Stradivari

big thanks I try

People with hosts that can handle MFX plugins (Cakewalk products, recent Cubase with wrapper) can use my MFX PW-Map to send other control messages with the Pitch Wheel, and MFX CC Map to remap the Mod Wheel to other controllers. Check them out at my site below.

Others on PC systems could use a MIDI-OX script to do similar controller remappings.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Dear Sir

How to change vibrato rate after midi recording

midi cc or pedal thanks

That is "channel pressure", otherwise known as "(mono) aftertouch".

Depends upon your sequencer how you draw it in, but it will be similar to how CCs work, a 0-127 value.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Dear Markleford

Thank you your help which midi cc number is channel pressure
    I CAN NOT FIND IT, I USE MAC dp

Go Back to forum