• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GUESS WHAT??!?!?!

Share/Bookmark

Talking GUESS WHAT??!?!?!

I'M POSTING FROM MY NEW COMPUTER!!!!!
    I HAVE INTERNET!!!!
    Time to get Service Pack 2 and get my delta drivers up and running and get my soundcard working and Gigastudio installed and Sonar 4 PE installed and GPO installed and EVERYTHING!!!!

YAY!!!!

Re: GUESS WHAT??!?!?!

good for you Chris!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    I'M POSTING FROM MY NEW COMPUTER!!!!!
    I HAVE INTERNET!!!!
    Time to get Service Pack 2 and get my delta drivers up and running and get my soundcard working and Gigastudio installed and Sonar 4 PE installed and GPO installed and EVERYTHING!!!!

YAY!!!!

And once everything is up and running and all service packs and drivers are properly installed take the time to do a system restore point!!!

If you have your music computer connected to the Internet I can guarantee you're gonna need a valid system restore.

have fun!!!!!!!!!
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

If you don't need SP2 specifically for a piece of software, I wouldn't do it. It crocked two of my computers badly. First rule of Windows- if it ain't broke, DON"T FIX IT!!

Talking Re: GUESS WHAT??!?!?!

THE RAM'S NUTS ... GRAB 'EM!

The Delta 44 drivers wouldn't install, so the tech support recomended trying SP2, because the drivers were written with sp2 in mind. Still don't work...

Without the soundcard I can't do anything. I'm on hold with Sweetwater tech support at the moment. They're really helpful.

-Chris

Chris,

What motherboard do you have?

-JF

Well, regarding SP2, I can only tell my experience. I installed it about 2 days after the CD was released. I have experienced no problems from it. I don't recall requiring a system restore since installing it, although I always maintain an up to date backup, always a good idea. I prefer Norton Ghost for this, as I can put the backup on a separate drive. Since I use the same computer for everything, on and off line, I always install the latest security updates that affect my system. I have lost nothing to virus or other malicious activity -- yet.

It does appear that you are having a great time now!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Chris,

What motherboard do you have?

-JF
    Gigabyte K8 Triton with AMD 64 3700 processor.

Nice! Hope you can get the sound card working... unfortunately I don't really know anything about hardware. I let Dell build my computer for me... looks almost exactly like the computer that the instruments are falling into on www.garritan.com

Once you get that sound card working, you must write that symphony!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum