• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: i'm planning to buy a new soundcard for gs3

Share/Bookmark

i'm planning to buy a new soundcard for gs3

hello guys i'm planning to buy a new soundcard to use with Gs3 and Sonar 5 with headphones out,spdif i/o,2 i/o it's enough for me .how about Tascam US428 ?it's still in production?Tascam US122 could be great but no spdif i/o
    any tip?
    i just need a very stable drivers to gs3 and of course in the cheapest price.
    thanks

Re: i'm planning to buy a new soundcard for gs3

help me please!!!

no usb audio! dont do it not low latency.

your not going to get great drives and low price in one package

frontier/Presonus and M-Audio come to mind. RME of course is my fav.

Scott
    ADK

thanks Jcschild great help.

RME here as well.

D

wich RME model may i choose?
    i mean the cheapper one?
    thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO BOTTICELLI
    wich RME model may i choose?
    i mean the cheapper one?
    thanks guys
    It's all a matter of what you consider to be cheap:>)

I use a Multiface.

D

Arrow Re: i'm planning to buy a new soundcard for gs3

If you like recording, or for live performance, RME is the top non DSP card IMHO. If you like great synthesizers and supreme FX, and still be able to use VST FX w/ GS3 Orchestra, try the PlanetZ forum to read about the Scope DSP cards. My studio box is a little overkill, but live I use GS3 Orchestra w/ 3 DSP cards. Gigapulse makes the GS3 a great package IMHO. I use it for adding resonant body impulses to acoustic instrument samples, and since the NFX on Giga sound weak to me, I bought Nomad Factorys Blue Tubes for VST FX and it is much, much better than the NFX in Giga. However, it still pales in comparison to the Scope FX made by some 3rd party developers that I use like Celmos Tape Simulator, Phaza,PsyQ, and stock Creamware plugs also. Depends what your'e into though. This platform was designed for the studio, but I have used it since 4/05 on my last tour w/o incident. And as long as you combine it w/ hardware like Motion Sound Pro 3t, and some outboard reverb like the MPX-550 Lexicon, it is amazing what you can do. Since I still use an Oberheim XPander, and Echo Pro, and Lexicon MPX, I guess there are certain things I can't be without. But the day of the B3, Matrix 12, CS-80, Yamaha CP-piano, and leslies are now history. My crew kisses my ~~~ more than ever.

thank you james.
    i'll see what i'll do.

I use the Tascam 1884 and it works very nicely with GS3 and Sonar in Rewire. I tried the RME and thought it was limiting and very expensive (I know it is a great card but wonder about its versatility). I have tried the audiophile 24/96 and 24/192 and thought I could S/Pdif by coaxial to the 1884 but have not had much luck. I used the 428 for awhile and didn't like it. Limit to 24/48. The model that is below the 1884 may be a winner. Its just a cut down of the 1884 which has features I do not use (yet) and maybe won't.
    I still have much to learn about this setup though.

KM

Go Back to forum