• Register
  • Help

Topic: Impending Doom

Share/Bookmark

Impending Doom

Here is the first movement to a suite I am almost finished with that goes with a novel about a race of people who discover their sun will go super nova. It was written with Fianle 2006 using the GPO boxed with Finale.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showband.asp?id=12707

Other movements will follow.

Re: Impending Doom

I liked this a lot ! Some great writing there. I think this piece will sound much nicer with a little more reverb, it sounds a bit dry....but that's just my personal taste.

Looking forward to the other movements !
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Welcome to the forum, William!

This is a very fine first showing, indeed; given the piece as premised, very effective emotive achievement of the circumstances and mood you wished to engender.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    I liked this a lot ! Some great writing there. I think this piece will sound much nicer with a little more reverb, it sounds a bit dry....but that's just my personal taste.

Looking forward to the other movements !
    Well, I don't have a lot of sophisticated tools. This was donw with only the help of Finale 2006 and GPO - all (as it is) reverb was added with the Kontakt Ambience control. I am not a big fan of a lot of reverb, it hides a lot. I would prefer a live orchestral presentation (and I have submitted it to two local community orchestras for possible performances). I appreciate your comments. I will post the 2nd and 3rd movements later.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Welcome to the forum, William!

This is a very fine first showing, indeed; given the piece as premised, very effective emotive achievement of the circumstances and mood you wished to engender.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thank you for the kind words. This piece is growing on me - both figuratively and literally. It started out as a study that is now 15 minutes long (counting the 2nd and 3rd movements.)

Wow! What an undertaking! This is a very grand movement. I liked your dynamics and chordal movement. You really painted a picture of an impending tragedy. Great first movement. Can't wait for more!

Best,
    Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Hi, This is quite cinematic. Great sense of dread and use of tension. Like the use of suspended non harmonics; adds to the tragic quality of the work. Also enjoyed the rhythmic motif on the strings... Good job.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Thanks Michael, I'm glad you liked it. It is part of a 3 movement work. 2 more movements to follow. All are completed and they are in a cycle.

Hi wrayer,

I really enjoyed this piece. There's definately tension and dread as others have mentioned...those really are the feelings that I imagine would be involved in that situation. Very nice work!

Steph

Go Back to forum