• Register
  • Help

Topic: does 5.01 multiclient actually work!?!?

Share/Bookmark

Re: does 5.01 multiclient actually work!?!?

Run VST first.

You can\'t use ASIO and multiclient. Steinberg when they invented ASIO, they did not consider multi-client. Because of this, you cannot use ASIO and multi-client on the same card. If you want to use the multi-client, you should select the mme standard driver for the Gina, then you should be able to access the multiclient capabilities, and run Gigasampler second.

If this doesn\'t make sense. It\'s because I\'m drunk.

Regards.

Bob

does 5.01 multiclient actually work!?!?

try as i might i can not get the new gina 5.01 drivers to actually be multiclient w/gs and cubase. i have set the outputs in gs to the gina 3,4 and set the outputs in cubase to 1,2 and the inputs to anolog 1,2. however when i open gs then press the sepuencer button to open cubase it tells me no asio driver and then that it couldn\'t be started etc. etc. so what am i doing wrong? is it actually possible to make this work?

thanks,
    dc

Ok,Bob but how do I select standard driver for Gina. I also heard that I have to turn of direct sound in \"sound and Video game\" - but I couldn´t find any \"direct sound\"...
    Regards
    John

Superb new driver update.
    Solves timing problems in Cubase even when running GS.
    Needed to use windows/system update driver tab to update drivers though, after running echodel, as downloading and updating from the floppy disk during windows restart did not seem to install the driver. (Check that it really is 5.01 that is installed).

Hi John,

Right click on my computer, go to properties, Device Manager tab, Sound Video game Controllers, double click on the Gina, and navigate through the Tabs to find the one with various click boxes on it. You will see enable Directsound. Un-click it. Then press ok, ok and reboot the PC.

You should have the latest drivers 5.01 also, from www.echoaudio.com

Giga 1.6 works just fine with the Gina and these drivers.

Regards,

Bob

So far no problems! Just did a session in Cakewalk with 6 tracks of audio, 14 tracks of midi on external modules and 3 tracks of GS. I did the mixdown back to two tracks of CW. I had a few dropouts initially but then realized that I had the Gigs on my default audio drive. I moved the gigs to a different drive and now it seems flawless! I love it!!

Jim B.

Hi Bob!
    It´s working -thank´s a lot!!
    John

cool,

Bob

Even with the new driver 5.01, why do you still have to turn off the direct sound feature to make Gigasampler 1.6 work?

Go Back to forum