• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kirk Hunter Emeral Symphony Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter Emeral Symphony Orchestra

I just got this loaded up, and I am quite impressed. I looked at few of the low budget orchestras, and this one caught my ear as having comparably quality to some of the higher end stuff, but at a price that seems unbelievable.

I got it mainly for the strings. I do a lot pad like stuff you hear in pop/country, and this library is well suited for that in that it sits very nicely in a mix, yet I like to try my hand at some real composition from time to time. This library allows you to go very far in that direction!

All the articulations can be a little overwhelming. I'm still auditioning and going through the different articulations trying to see what all they do. Also, there's a fair amount of ambience. Typically I prefer a drier sample so as to add my own reverb, but the ambience is so nicely done, I'm not complaining. I a couple of test tunes I did, I find they need very little reverb, and sound natural as is.

In addition to strings, you've got horns, woods, and percussion. And they are all top quality, beautiful samples. Simple amazing for the amount invested.

Although this might sound like a commercial, it's all unsolicited. I just appreciate developers who give us so much for so little, and I try to take the time to give them props.

I'd be interested in hearing what some of you real composers think. To my ears, the library sounds great, and the price takes the bang for the buck to a whole new level..

Check it out:

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/KhsoEmGiga.html

Re: Kirk Hunter Emeral Symphony Orchestra

I totaly agrea even if i don't own it, the demos are really good + you get most of the solo srtings whit emerald , and a dvd(or cd?) of the chamber strings whit it, i think?

25 Gb of samples at a price.

P.S. It's hard not to sound like a commercial whit a good deal like this.

aw, thanks!

The promotional DVD of some of the chamber strings is no longer included...that promotion ended in Jan.

Watch for the price changes. After a lot of consideration, and deciding to possibly engage a dealer network, I'm going to be raising the price of KHSO Emerald most likely. That will happen, on March 15th.

Thanks again!

Well...now that i think about it....it's not that cheap?

..when will i learn to shout up ..

Kirk,
    Personally, how would you compare the sound of your new Emerald strings with your older Vituoso Strings. I've been using VSL recently, but last night, I pulled out your Virtuoso Strings and I gotta say that they still sound GREAT -- I mean, the tone is really pleasing and natural in most of the registers. They play very natuarally as well. In many cases, I choose them over VSL. Now I gotta get in there and see which of my old Miroslav Vitous sounds I can put back on the job. I remember there were many fine samples there, too.

So I was just wondering how you compare the Virtuoso Strings Series to your new strings in Emerald?

Thanks,
    Mahlon

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    P.S. It's hard not to sound like a commercial whit a good deal like this.
    I'd better not comment on this anymore. I start to sound like Kirk's marketing manager already!

Cheers,
    Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by mahlon
    Kirk,
    So I was just wondering how you compare the Virtuoso Strings Series to your new strings in Emerald?

Thanks,
    Mahlon
    Truthfully, the concept of the strings in KHSO Emerald was fairly similar in that I wanted very rich and playable sounds. The biggest difference is that there are now more layers according to vibrato amount, much better sounding cellos, 1st and 2nd violins, and the placement is true to a concert hall. Also, the trills, tremolos and pizzicatos all sound better across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter
    Truthfully, the concept of the strings in KHSO Emerald was fairly similar in that I wanted very rich and playable sounds. The biggest difference is that there are now more layers according to vibrato amount, much better sounding cellos, 1st and 2nd violins, and the placement is true to a concert hall. Also, the trills, tremolos and pizzicatos all sound better across the board.
    I recently started using Kirk Hunter's Emerald Orchestra software and I must say that I am really impressed with the quality and particularly how playable these instruments are. I own some of the other very popular libraries out there, but I must say that Emerald has become my "go to" library for great orchestra sounds that just blend in beautifully without needing lots of EQ or much of anything else. Add to that the price ...and it's a no brainer!

BTW... I'll also add that Kirk is very accessible and responive to resolving any technical issues.

This library is a winner in all catagories. Thanks Kirk!

Best,
    Frank Marino

Quote Originally Posted by fmarino
    I recently started using Kirk Hunter's Emerald Orchestra software and I must say that I am really impressed with the quality and particularly how playable these instruments are. I own some of the other very popular libraries out there, but I must say that Emerald has become my "go to" library for great orchestra sounds that just blend in beautifully without needing lots of EQ or much of anything else. Add to that the price ...and it's a no brainer!

BTW... I'll also add that Kirk is very accessible and responive to resolving any technical issues.

This library is a winner in all catagories. Thanks Kirk!

Best,
    Frank Marino
    Could have copy and pasted your comment and presented it as mine. Kirk is one of the most responsive developers I know.
    Raindog

Re: Kirk Hunter Emerald Symphony Orchestra

I totally agree. I got Emerald a few months ago, mainly for the strings, and I see them as very focused, and extremely playable.
    They feel as accurate under my fingers, as the piano does, that lives inside of my S90.

I haven't had a chance to really work with the other instruments yet, but I've got the solo flute loaded up in a giga template and was playing it recently and it's very much the same feeling. Right on the money!

Emerald ::: Highly recommended!

Steve Karl

Go Back to forum