• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB + Live trombone

Share/Bookmark

JABB + Live trombone

Here is a little tester demo to see how well I can make live trombone and JABB work together.

It's a classic trombone feature from (i think) the Ted Heath library - Someone To Watch Over Me.

www.stradjazz.com/SomeoneToWatch.mp3

I think the trombone is a little too loud in the mix, but I am very pleased with the recording quality.

[Edit: see next post for different mix]

I must apologise for the trombone playing - I'm suffering from flu at the moment and so my chops aren't quite performing (I edited out the coughing fits and the moment when I nearly passed out ).

I hope you enjoy!
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: JABB + Live trombone

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    I think the trombone is a little too loud in the mix, but I am very pleased with the recording quality.
    I've done a quick remix lowering the trombone a bit:

www.stradjazz.com/SomeoneToWatch_B.mp3
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Dear Iron Lips,

Outstanding!

You are apologizing (Brit. - apologising) for your chops!? Ridiculous! Your chops are remarkable. You are the Maynard Ferguson of 'bone players.

Great job. That is thoroughly enjoyable. Keep up the fine work, old chap.

Respectfully,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry, thank you for your kind words!

I was brought up on this type of music [I'm only 38] and I love classic big band charts like this.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Richard N.

Wow... this is impressive.

Including your chops on the 'bone, Rich! Holy cow!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Damn it, Richard. You have me bawling like a baby as I listen to your wonderful work and harken back to the days when I played (bass) in big jazz bands and wrote big band charts. I grew up with this type of music also.

It has been a long time since something like this has impressed me so much. Thanks for the memories.

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    You have me bawling like a baby as I listen to your wonderful work and harken back to the days when I played (bass) in big jazz bands and wrote big band charts. I grew up with this type of music also.
    Thanks for the memories.

Larry A.
    great job Richard, it proves how good samples can sound when the right amount of detail is paid to articulating every note.

Thanks, Larry I know how you feel when you listen to something and it takes you back to a time when you ,,,, well ,, deja vu kind of thing. You're a good guy Larry!

Dan

Dan - Thank you!

Larry - I hope they are tears of joy, remembering how much fun Big Band music is. I'm really glad that I have in some managed to capture the right sound in this one.
    Richard N.

Richard,

You really know how to swoon with that bone!

I really enjoyed this. You did a fantastic job in the realization and the playing. Time for another listen and some slow dancin with Mrs. G.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary

Nice Job! Personally, I think you had the mix right the first time. (from one trombonist to another)

This really shows the capabilties of JABB. (for better or worse) I think your chops did a good job, that 4th octave is always a bear, even when not dehydrated from cold meds.

The recording quality is very good. What mic did you use on the bone?

Scott
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast