• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: The Giovani Edition: Lite Version

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I would be interested in a special lite version.

31 43.06%
  • No. I plan to obtain the full version.

2 2.78%
  • I would rather purchase the full version if on sale.

40 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: The Giovani Edition: Lite Version

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation The Giovani Edition: Lite Version

THIS SALE HAS SINCE EXPEIRED!

Thank you,
    Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: POLL: The Giovani Edition: Academic Version

I'd like to throw my vote in for an academic version, for us poor public school teachers out here...

I've been wanting Giovanni for a while, but I don't have an up-to-date software sampler (I do everything with VI's these days). The cost of buying both together is prohibitive right now, but with a solid academic discount I might be convinced...

Are you planning on developing a Virtual Instrument version? (forgive me if you already have and I missed it).

And are you still doing discounts for GPO users, or was that a limited time thing?

thanks,
    chris.

Hi Chris,

This would not be in player format and the GPO users discount has long since expired.

Thanks for your vote and your kindness,
    FB

So would this be the full version but with a license preventing any commercial use? Or would it also be a reduced version? I'd certainly put in a vote for the former.

Yeah, academic version please!!!

TQ

Academic meaning "for students only"? as opposed to the lite version which was suggested on KVR?

Sorry about the confusion. NAME CHANGED TO LITE VERSION

It would be reduced data and sell for a much less then the full. However, 75-100% of your purchase could be applied to an upgrade to the full version.

Terms still pending, etc.

There are NO restrictions on any Bela D Media product.
    There is minor license agreement term with Giovani having to do with music libraries.

Thumbs up Re: POLL: The Giovani Edition: Academic Version

Frank,

I was the first supporting the use of this lib. in classical music academic area.

I can't tell you nothing else but YES.

Yup, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Sorry about the confusion. Academic, meaning lite version. We don't care for the term lite. Academic works for us, as we have been approached by a few schools.

It would be reduced data and sell for a much less then the full. However, 75-100% of your purchase could be applied to an upgrade to the full version.
    This is a new one for me. I always thought from everythign i have read from other compianies, that an academic version was just a cheaper version, for those who are in school and not really making any money off the product. I believe and i could be wrong, that vsl GOS have academic version even EW and the price is just much much cheaper for those who reguraly coudl not afford it but you have to prove you are a student. Am i wrong on this whole academic version. Even thinking out side of music. Microsoft sells an academic version of its office progam, you still get word and excel and stuff and its the full version of word and excel and so on, they did not take things out of the program its still the full word program. So i was just corious, as i have not seen a product ath has an acadeic version where the prodcut it self was cut down and features not included or turned off. Like i said maybe i read this stuff all wrong. But i was just wondering if anybody can clear this up for me.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast