• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: "WindSong"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "WindSong"

    All,

    This is my "WindSong". All instruments (flute, oboe, Bb clarinet, horn and bassoon) are GPO.

    This is counterpoint gone wild. Notice how the voices go in all different directions but still retain their own individual entities.

    LGA

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/WindSong.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "WindSong"

    Some excellent counterpoint, Larry!

    Hey, you might want to check the mix on this, Lar -- I downloaded it and looked at in in an audio editor, and it seems to be mixed way, way over to one side. (Unless maybe all the players are left-handed?)



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  3. #3

    Re: "WindSong"

    Ok, let me grab my stein of beer and listen to this again.

    Yep, it's happy. The lines all run away from me (maybe that's caused by the beer?) anyway, I like the feel of the parts as they chase each other up and down the scale.

  4. #4

    Re: "WindSong"

    Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    Ok, let me grab my stein of beer and listen to this again.

    Yep, it's happy. The lines all run away from me (maybe that's caused by the beer?) anyway, I like the feel of the parts as they chase each other up and down the scale.
    J S Bach was reputed to be highly fond of the stuff... lol.

    Hmmm...

    David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: "WindSong"

    The beginning sounded pretty modern. You really have to concentrate on this one to get the most out of it. I don't know how you do it.

    I found your web site. I was hoping to discover that you ARE J S Bach with a borrowed Da Vinci time machine.

  6. #6

    Re: "WindSong"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Some excellent counterpoint, Larry!

    Hey, you might want to check the mix on this, Lar -- I downloaded it and looked at in in an audio editor, and it seems to be mixed way, way over to one side. (Unless maybe all the players are left-handed?)

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Thanks, Dave. I'll check it.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "WindSong"

    Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    Ok, let me grab my stein of beer and listen to this again.

    Yep, it's happy. The lines all run away from me (maybe that's caused by the beer?) anyway, I like the feel of the parts as they chase each other up and down the scale.
    It is sort of like a German marching song, isn't it. Ach Himmel !

    Thank you for listening and welcome to the forum.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "WindSong"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    The beginning sounded pretty modern. You really have to concentrate on this one to get the most out of it. I don't know how you do it.

    I found your web site. I was hoping to discover that you ARE J S Bach with a borrowed Da Vinci time machine.
    Nah...I'm just plain, ol' Larry.

    It may sound "modern" in the opening because of my use of some sixth chords, i. e., Eb - G - Bb - C.

    Thanks for giving it a listen.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    464

    Re: "WindSong"

    listened to this last night...i love the positive spirit in your music...i enjoyed this, as usual...

    josh

  10. #10

    Re: "WindSong"

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    listened to this last night...i love the positive spirit in your music...i enjoyed this, as usual...

    josh
    Thank you, Joshua, of good ol' Houston, Texas - USA.

    I appreciate the fact that you took the time to listen.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •