• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: buying GPO...

Share/Bookmark

buying GPO...

Hey guys...quick quick question for you. Is the version with the white box and all the players included from ebay the full one and can i buy it somewhere other than ebay?

Re: buying GPO...

I'm changing my plan and i'm going to buy finale 06 instead. here are a few questions.

1) i'm buying finale 06 from a student descount site because i'm currently a student...is the full version with GPO included?

2) Does the program come with a manual that tells you exactly how to integrate GPO with finale?

3) And one more, how did all of you become so good at this stuff haha? Did you just buy it and then fiddle around? I'm very surious.

1) i'm buying finale 06 from a student descount site because i'm currently a student...is the full version with GPO included? No, you get a "lite" version, but there is an uograde path to full GPO.

2) Does the program come with a manual that tells you exactly how to integrate GPO with finale? Not out of the box - you need to download the latest free Finale update which includes a .pdf Finale/GPO guide

3) And one more, how did all of you become so good at this stuff haha? Did you just buy it and then fiddle around? I'm very surious. There's a fair amount of experimentation required. But the key to getting good GPo playback from Finale is good writing/scoring with plenty of dynamic and expression markings, and a reasonably fast computer with as much RAM as you can afford.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by n3wman918
    I'm changing my plan and i'm going to buy finale 06 instead. here are a few questions.

1) i'm buying finale 06 from a student descount site because i'm currently a student...is the full version with GPO included?

2) Does the program come with a manual that tells you exactly how to integrate GPO with finale?

3) And one more, how did all of you become so good at this stuff haha? Did you just buy it and then fiddle around? I'm very surious.
    Hi n3wman918 and welcome to the forum!

The version of GPO that comes bundled with Finale 2006 is a lite version. It is quite capable and is integrated well with Finale. There is a 100 page pdf manual written by forum member Thad that is in the Finale 2006d upgrade (you can upgrade online).

How did the members get so good? There a lot of people here who help each other. That's how

Gary Garritan

Awesome, now you got me all pumped up and excited!

one more thing, since it's a lite version that comes with Finale...does it download with finale or is it a separate cd?

Finale is not available as a download.

The downloadable Finale demo does not include any part of GPO.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

let me rephrase the question, i meant when you INSTALL finale, do you install the GPO lite from a separate disc? Sorry about wording it wrong.

Finale GPO installs with FInale 2006.

When you purchase you have the option of 1 DVD or a number (I don't know how many) of CD's.
    Richard N.

Alright, great. thank you

Go Back to forum