• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPOzilla!! GPO used in "GODZILLA:Final Wars"

Orcas Island

GPOzilla!! GPO used in "GODZILLA:Final Wars"

Garritan Personal Orchestra was used in the soundtrack from the motion picture: "GODZILLA: Final Wars"

Keith Emerson wrote the bulk of the GODZILLA: Final Wars score, and there were several Japanese composers (Daisuke Yano, Nobuhiko Morino and Akira I~~~ube) who also contributed music to the soundtrack.

Keith Emerson is well know for being with the group Emerson, Lake, & Palmer. As might be expected by a Keith Emerson project, a lot of the music has an "Emerson, Lake & Palmer" feel to it with synth work and orchestral elements. Keith Emerson's quick-tempoed music was very well done and enjoyable to listen to. Will Alexander worked on the project with Keith Emerson and is now touring with the Rolling Stones.

Regarding the use of GPO, the solo strings, french horns and woodwinds on the soundtrack are from GPO.

Godzilla has endured for over 50 years and is an instantly recognizable icon of not only of Japanese cinema in particular but also the world over. FINAL WARS is the 28th film in the Godzilla series. Toho, the studio that makes the films, claims that this will be the last – a piece of news that is not welcome to Godzilla fans (but you know Hollywood ). Godzilla recently received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.

It is an honor for Personal Orchestra to be a part of this project.

Gary Garritan

Image courtesy of Alan Lastufka

Re: GPOzilla!! GPO used in "GODZILLA:Final Wars"

Oh, no! There goes Tokyo, go go Godzilla!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer

When I was watching G:FW a couple weeks ago I almost posted asking if anyone knew if KE used GPO in the soundtrack- I thought the solo strings sounded familiar!!

Final Wars is about the fourth "last" Godzilla film, and not a particularly good one I'm afraid. It's more of a Matrix ripoff with a few monsters thrown in. In a couple years after the fallout settles down Toho will announce a new Gojiro project, mark my words!!

Yee-hah! Gotta hear that... have always liked Emerson's stuff.

Congratulations, Gary!

This is, er, monstrously good news!

Post Scriptum:
    Somebody mention to the art department that doesn't look much like a monkey.

Wow, that's really great! Congratulations!

No comment

- G

Traverse Bay

Just nice to hear Keith Emerson is still making music. He, and then Josef Zawinul, were the brave Indian scouts of kinda' "legitimizing" synthesizers, or at least that's the way it appeared in my quaint little version of the world.

Maybe that's obviuos... or debatable, i really don't know... either way, it's nice to hear.

Go Back to forum