• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and ProTools LE, HELP!!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO and ProTools LE, HELP!!!

I have owned GPO, Mbox2/ProTools LE, and a MIDI keyboard for over a month, and I'm so frustrated by my inability to get PT to "see" GPO as VSTi or anything!! Am I missing something basic here? MBox2 came bundled with Reason adapted, which ProTools "sees" automatically. I also loaded Ableton's LIVE4, which ProTools LE also lists automatically under plug-ins.

I'm at absolute wit's end, and would love any input, as a newbie "tech-musician" but decently-educated person who really wants to just realize orchestral scores, band scores, and do some sound-composition from those timbres.

Thanks in Advance!!
    Phil

Re: GPO and ProTools LE, HELP!!!

I don't use ProTools LE, but have a suggestion for you. It could be that PT does not scan the directory that you have GPO in. Check in PT for preferences. Maybe you have to tell PT where to look for plugins in a "settings" dialog box. Just a guess to give a little help. Maybe someone else who uses PT will be along shortly to add a comment. My software needed to be told where all my plugin directories are on my hard drives. Some of the standard ones like Steinberg folders (cubase, nuendo etc.) PT is finding because it is already included in it's VST search engine when it starts up. GPO is probably not in its default search list.

Hope this helps.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by phigo
    I have owned GPO, Mbox2/ProTools LE, and a MIDI keyboard for over a month, and I'm so frustrated by my inability to get PT to "see" GPO as VSTi or anything!! Am I missing something basic here? MBox2 came bundled with Reason adapted, which ProTools "sees" automatically. I also loaded Ableton's LIVE4, which ProTools LE also lists automatically under plug-ins.

I'm at absolute wit's end, and would love any input, as a newbie "tech-musician" but decently-educated person who really wants to just realize orchestral scores, band scores, and do some sound-composition from those timbres.

Thanks in Advance!!
    Phil
    Hello Phil,

I'm no techie at all and may be totally way off here so just ignore if this a daft reply.

I just wondered if you have pasted the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll into the VST folder in your Pro Tools VST folder.

Just a (probably silly) suggestion.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    I just wondered if you have pasted the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll into the VST folder in your Pro Tools VST folder..
    That's all that needs to be done. Pro Tools does in fact work very well with GPO. Your DAE is not seeing the GPO .dll file. Not a big deal. Just paste it into your PT directory where all your other plugin dlls hang out and your done.

Be sure to read this wonderful GPO/Pro Tools tutorial as well.
    http://www.garritan.com/PT-GPOtutorial.html

Sorry that I cannot give you a screenshot of what you need to do - I no longer use Pro Tools in the studio.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Here's what I do. Instead of using GPO as an instrument on Pro Tools I just record it right from the Kontakt Player. On my laptop I have Finale and write all of the music and then in goes MIDI out to my MAC which has the GPO and Pro Tools LE on it. Then when GPO plays the music I just record it with Pro Tools. I run a cable from the speaker port on my MAC into the line-in on my M-Box. That way anything your computer will sound, it will go through the M-Box first. I also use mulitple tracks in Pro Tools so I can mix together a whole orchestra. This method sounds a little primitive but it works fine.
    Brian

Go Back to forum